Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Is regrading PSA cards worth the time/money?

DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone.

Would love to hear if anyone has tried this enough times to have a solid opinion about whether it's worth the time and money, and if there's a snowball's chance of success. My plan would be to leave the cards (non-sports cards) in their holders, rather than breaking them out.

Thanks in advance.

-- Dennis
When in doubt, don't.

Comments

• Options
    By regrading, do you mean breaking the holder open and resubmitting, or having them look at the card in the holder for a possible change of mind?

If I think a card is undergraded, I don't hesitate to break the holder open (send in those flips guys, lets do our part to keep the pop report somewhat legit) and resubmit it.
    I personally think it's a waste of time to have them reconsider a grade. They'll take your money, look at the card and say "naaahh, this doesn't deserve a nine, but thanks for trying."
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Dennis, depends on the card. We've all had cards bumped up a grade or two on re-submission to PSA. I had a nice 1957 Topps Mantle/Berra card which came back "trimmed" the first time, PSA 5 the second time and PSA 7 the third time. Check your cards carefully, if you really feel they are undergraded, definitely re-submit.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    Only if you don't care if it comes back with a LOWER grade than it had the first time. Chances are pretty good that it will come back the same, unless you think you really got hammered by the Grader of Death.
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    no
    Money is your ticket to freedom.