Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Wouldn't it be better....

.....if we could post individual obverse and reverse pictures in the Registry?

I just added a chopmark image:

I have the reverse imaged also, but it takes a lot of time to cut/paste and get under the image size limit. It'd sure be nice to have the ability to put up individual pictures for each!

Comments

• Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat chopmark! It almost looks like a TN for tradedollarnut. Have you personalized your 1885 yet?image
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    I have the reverse imaged also, but it takes a lot of time to cut/paste and get under the image size limit.

That's the biggest reason I stopped putting up pictures of my coins. Cut/paste, format, save, resize, save, resize, save, resize, save...

Way too much work. There has to be an easier way.

Question about chopmarks... How do you know if it's an authentic chopmark or one that's been added by a "doctor"? Is there a way to tell?
    Dan
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no example worth significantly more with chopmarks than without, so I doubt a doctor would be interested.
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    TDN,

Thanks for the info. I thought there was a premium for chopmarked Trades Dollars.

I noticed the picture of the 1874 shows toning about the chopmark that looks to be consistant with toning on the rest of the coin. What about an untoned coin? Would you assume the chopmark is genuine in that case? Or doesn't it really matter since there isn't a significant premium?
    Dan
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it really doesn't matter.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm....Doesn't another place let us do as you have suggested ? Watching my P's and Q's. image

Ken
  • Options
    It sure does Ken, Watching my P's and Q's and P,C,G,and S's.

Walt image