Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Hey Merc Folks, submission results...

Hi everyone,

Just found out the results of the 8 free submissions I received for joining the PCGS Collectors Club at the platnium level. I AM NOT doing cartwheels in the living room. imageimage

Date Grade My Guess Comments

1916 AU58FB MS65FB I think I got robbed! Anyone else ever seen an AU with FB?

1918 AU58 MS63FB Ditto

1918-D AU58 MS62 Ok, I can maybe understand this one

1920-S AU58 MS63FB Robbed!

1925 Cleaned MS63FB ? Will have to look at this one when it gets in, but this had a cert #, what's up with that?

1929-S MS64 MS65 Robbed!

1935-D MS64FB MS65FB Ditto

1939-S MS67 MS66FB Love the 67, but robbed on the bands!

I had some help on the grading by someone who knows Mercs much better than I. The ones that will fill holes in my set I am going to go ahead and register to my set. Maybe someday when things settle down, I'll send in a few more from my raw set. These AU and no band dimes will have to suffice until I can find and afford suitable upgrades. Oh, and Quarto, that swoosh you heard was me! imageimage

Regards,

Wayne

Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com

Comments

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne why don't you post photo's of the 1916 & 1920-S. You seem to be far apart on those two, actually as far apart as my 20-P I've posted on another thread which also got slammed accordingly image but I believe is a correct grade.

Marc
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne throw some pictures of the AU58's up here if you can. That 39S in 67 is Cool, Very Cool.

Want to sell any of those AU58's ? Let me know.

Ken
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW Yes I have two AU58's that have FB or real damn close to it.

Ken
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Yes Ken, but have you ever seen AU58FB on a PCGS slab? I just looked in my copy of the January 2003 PCGS pop report, none shown. Went online and checked, and they show 2.

And how come my cleaned 25-P has a cert #? Is it going to come slabbed?

Thanks,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    The 25-p will arrive in a bb and I think they just started with the au58fb thing
    this month, but not sure
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    My turn to draft! LOL

They sure are tight with the bands on '39-S's!!!

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayne:

Can you hear me? I am now waaaaaaaay below you and shouting up.

First, I understand your disappointment with the grades. I have a 1917-P I bought as a kid graded "BU" that slabbed as AU58. However, I have about $5 in the coin, so while disappointed, I wasn't looking to do myself under or anything. And, I put the coin in my set because that coin reminds of me of collecting in the 1960s. Possibly your coins have similar memories?

Second, I believe that HRH stated in one of the Q/A sessions that every coin that comes through the door at PCGS gets a certification number. But if the coin is deemed "unslabable," it keeps the certification number but isn't slabbed. So, unfortunately I think you'll get that coin unslabbed.

It would be interesting if you put up pictures. I'd love to see the 1916 (with the biggest grade difference between you and PCGS), the 1925 (to see what PCGS considers cleaned, though I have a few examples of coins that I submittedimage), and the 1939-S (to see a nifty, LOW-POP coin). Of course, I understand that not everyone can put up pictures. I can't...sigh.... I keep promising myself that when I have time, I am going to learn how to take pictures that I can post, but that just doesn't seem to happen. But if you can, seeing these coins could be enlightening.

Mark

P.S.: I hope every now and then you spare a thought for the little people that lie below you in the registry. I guess the way to look at it is that if everyone below you went away, you'd have the lowest ranked set??image?? Or something like that.image But, more seriously, your set is 75% complete. That's an incredibly neat milestone.
    Mark

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Three dime at pcgs now I hope they don't come back AU. I will be very pi$$ed. One was in an NGC holder and one in a PCGS holder and one raw. When I get the results I will post them.

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211