Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1972 Topps - I've taken the plunge!

Hey gang,

Well, it had to happen soon enough. I finally took the plunge and I'm now collecting the 1972 Topps Baseball set.

With a very limited income, that's already stretched to many graded sets (see my sig line!), I'm going to try this one in PSA 7 and higher.

So, if you are sitting on common 7's out there, let me know if you'd like to sell.

Mark

Comments

• Options
    MickeyC, Glad to have you aboard. I am already 100% complete in 4th place. I don't get many extra since I only need to upgrade 6 more psa 7s. I do however have a psa 7 nq #32 Cleon Jones IA card for sale. I recently upgraded it to an 8. Care to make an offer? Neil
  • Options
    Neil - I just dropped you an email, get back to me when you can.

Mark
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Hey Mark...

Drop me an email on about a dozen 72's.

emards4457@msn.com .

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Hi Mark,

Good luck on the set - its a very easy 660 card set - unfortunately, its 787 in total... And, watch out for the folks on the 72 set registry - very strange people indeed!image
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Mark,
    Much of what I have available is listed in my registered set. Take a look and make me an offer on what you are interested in. I will probably have more cards next week. I'm leaving for a show in Boston in the morning [Thurs], so I won't be available until next Tues.
    Greg

cameocards
  • Options
    Guys,

Thanks for the info and welcome. I'm trying to come up with a game plan for this set, and figured I'd try the high numbers first.

Scored some on ebay for $6 a piece, which I think is amazing.

I'll be checking lists.

Thanks guys!

Mark
  • Options
    MickeyC,
    May I suggest that you keep your eyes and ears open and purchase a couple of clean raw sets and grade the cards yourself and see where you're at. If 7's are your goal this set will be only somewhat challenging. 7's are faily easy to obtain from raw copies. Ira Hirshhorn, polo grounds among others have nice raw 72's from time to time and should yield the grades you're after. The set will still be difficult because of its size, but you'll get there quicker and feel great submitting the cards yourself...you'll also save a few bucks. You may also want to strike a deal with one of the other members that you trust doing the set in 8+. Tell them you'll buy their misses for 4-5 bucks a pop. That way they'll submit the borderline cards and, voila! more cards for Mickey...and high-end ones to boot! Keep in mind I'm now sitting on 60 PSA 9's and 130 PSA 8's from 1977 (another set I see you're doing) Email me if you have any interest in them.
    Good luck.
    dgf
  • Options
    MickeyC,
    Almost forgot...I trade cards as well and do have some sharp 72's...they're all 8's & 9's, but I'll trade for 77's!