Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1970 Kellogg's Posted--save the corn flakes and kool-aid

Well I know I said that I would not post until I was in the top two, but this set has been just sitting there at 18 psa 10s and 57 psa 9s for a long time. Anyway, I will pass Zardoz soon and perhaps King Kellogg although he seems to have joined the big money battle for the psa 10s.
No Kool Aid or Corn Flakes please.
........and this will be the only modern set I will ever do.

Davalillo

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    DAV - Pretty Impressive! ...jay
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    and the Kelloggs battle is on ... again!

isn't the company located in Battle Creek?
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Thanks Jay,

Just don't tell any vintage card collectors or dealers that I collect this set.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just don't tell any vintage card collectors or dealers that I collect this set. >>

DAV - It will be interesting to follow the fall-out of that statementimage ...jay
  • Options
    Welcome to the Karnival!

Of course you are destined to remain beneath those who correktly realize that the K set is one one the formost vintage sets ever produced.

Until you are able to free yourself from the delusion of this being a modern set, the Kellogg's Gods will not smile upon you as they have upon the faithful.

Again, a hearty welkome.

Paul
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    hey 1420sports, yes the company is in battle creek, MI which is where I live , also Post and Ralston Purina My grandma used to work for Ralston Purina which is why I have hundreds of the Ralston Purina sets from the 80's sitting around somewhere. I wished she had worked for Kellogg's, but beggars can't be choosers. and yes, its smells like cereal here some mornings...yummy!! image
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Davalillo...

Congratulations Jim!

You have now moved into the hightened realm of 3-D awareness.

Can't wait to see your Registry!

I will have a "special" gift for you at the Nationals...

Kool-Aid Cheers to you!!!

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Jim,
    I guess you have given up on the '71 Greatest Moments ??
    too tough? .......errr.......too modern?... yeah, that's the ticket.
  • Options
    Murcerfan,

No--debatable whether 1971 Greatest Moments is semi-vintage but due to rarity and beauty--two qualities that 1970 Kelloggs lacks--I would still like to collect it.Instead of buying card by card, I am waiting until you or Shane move on to something else and sell it to me....and we will do some business on 1962 Topps FB.

King Kellogg,

Thank you for the kind words. Now stay away from those 10s I need!

Zardoz,

You are history in the two spot--although I like you, your days as #2 on the all-time list are numbered(ha ha)!

Davalillo
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Davalillo...

Ughhhh....Hmmmmmm....Ughhhh....

Gee...... Mr. Davalillo, sure......Ughh.....I'll try REAL hard to stay out of your way sir.......

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    You are welcome to join in on the 1971 Kelloggs chase. The competition is so fierce, it won't matter.
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • Options
    Davalillo - I'm happy to see you registering your set, and it's a great job too. A hearty congratulations! It's just too bad that you're a non believer of the '70 Kellogg's vintage prowess image.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    The set is closed to viewing -- but here's the link

Congrats, Jim, on your work on this set. It has been one of the high moments of this board over the last year or so seeing some of the debates going back and forth as to the "vintageness" of this set. The set is important in that it is the first of many Kellogg's sets, but I do prefer some of the other small-set issues from this time period, notably the 1969-1971 Topps Supers sets....great pictures, great star power, clear pictures (Let's face it -- the 3-D technology makes those pictures pretty blurry and annoying, all else equal)

Congrats again!
    MS
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options

<< <i>(Let's face it -- the 3-D technology makes those pictures pretty blurry and annoying, all else equal) >>

Well you're in the extreme minority on that opinion Schmidty. Everyone I have ever showed these cards to has raved about its 3-D appearance, and the growing number of Kellogg's collectors obviously disagree with you. Personally I find the Topps Supers annoying with those rounded corners.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    thegemmintman:

No doubt -- I seem to have a minority opinion on many matters!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine what the guy paid...to be #2!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Marc,

Thanks. As you know, I think you are one of the most knowledgable people on this board. I look forward to a significant 1955 Bowman transaction.

Gemmint,

I appreciate your congrats. Vintage or not, you have an impressive set that will be unchallenged for some time. You also have a very impressive 1964 Topps Giants set.

Vic D
  • Options
    Enough of the compliments.
    This board is much more interesting when you guys are taking snipes at each other. I think the war has made us meloncholy.
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • Options

<< <i>Welcome to the Karnival!

Of course you are destined to remain beneath those who correktly realize that the K set is one one the formost vintage sets ever produced.
    Paul >>

PAUL, THE ABOVE BEING SAID...........................FIND ME A FRIGGIN MATTY ALOU IN PIDDLY PSA 9 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE ME