Home U.S. Coin Forum

Where can I go, on line, to get "fair" market value for common proof sets

I have been to the PCGS site but the prices seem high to me. I have a friend who would like me to buy his proof sets and I want to be fair... to both parties.

years:
'60 '61 '62 '63 '64 '68 '69 '71 '72 '73 '74 '75 '76 '77 '78 '79 '80 '81 '82 '83 '84 '86 '87 '88 '89 '91 '92 '94 '95 '96 '98 1976 silver set. These appear to have been searched and researched so I don't believe there are any rare varieties here.

I am sorry if this is the wrong forum....I don't know anyone on the others.

Dan

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Dan,

Your best bet for this type of material is to search completed items on eBay. On a set by set basis, these years range from a low of about $6 to a high of about $35.

Russ, NCNE
  • jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    The fair market price is really jumping up on silver type proof sets, exemption being the missing mint mark. The newer silver proof sets are increasing quickly. Check with a dealer on the grey sheet prices! Some of the price guide prices are actually low right now for the Silver proof sets. The clads are holding pretty steady!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Thank you for your suggestions.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Jeff,

He only has one silver set on the list.

Russ, NCNE
  • For proof sets, use Greysheet Prices to get the most accurate prices.

You can buy the latest online version in PDF format for a few dollars, last weeks for slightly cheaper. Listed will be the most recent bid/ask prices for all the years you have. Dealers will buy from the public at greysheet bid and sell to the public at greysheet ask. The spread is how they make money. Some dealers will even go below/above greysheet depending upon their stock levels.

For a friend, consider using the midpoint between bid and ask.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file