Home Q & A Forum
Options

Suggesting new rules for punishing offending PCGS posters

orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
Carol:

Please send this on to David Hall as I posted this on another thread regarding "evil" Greg. I am confident that David will like my thoughts here and want to implement them! It is a graceful way out of the "Pete Rose" dilemna in which a popular poster gets the "heave ho."

Good morning from the east coast! It is near daybreak and the dogs are howling for their walk and it is a Sunday mornng, geeesh!!

Now, I am a stockholder of CLCT so that makes me one of the owners of this message board. So what do I think given that I now discover that Greg, who I happen to like very much, is one of the banned posters??

OK here goes....

(1) I absolutely still agree that HRH still made the correct decision in announcing and enforcing the rules. Now whether they are new or exisiting rules is something I have not investigated.
(2) I still firmly endorse the right of PCGS to ban "offenders" from posting to this board, however to be reasonable about it and to give "offenders" a clue that they are on the wrong path, I suggest the following changes.
.......(A) First offense, a warning.
.......(B) Second offense, a 10 day suspension with of course, another warning explaining the rules and levels of punishment.
.......(C) Third offense, a 30 day suspension with of course another warning explaining the rules and levels of punishment. (possibly 60 days instead???)
.......(D) Fourth offense, a 1 year suspensionm with of course more written notifications about the rules, etc.
.......(E) Fifth offense, a lifetime ban.
(3) Allow the "offender" to appeal in case of error or mistake, etc.

This gives PCGS the ability to get back posters into good graces who are willing to and "get the clear message" that they need to "reform" themselves enough to play by the rules of this board without running into a "Pete Rose" situation in which a life time ban is announced and then many years of suffering goes on for the punisher and punishee (Rose and MLB) for no good damn reason.

Now, I suspect as an owner of CLCT, I will have to plead for my friend Greg and to fight to have these rules put into effect retroactively to give PCGS the power to enforce their rules but yet give offenders a chance to "clean up" their act.

I firmly believe that HRH will fully endorse my suggestions especially if he is a fan of Pete Rose!!! I will call this rules the "Charley Hustle Rules"

Bring Greg (Charley Hustle) back!

HomeRunHall: What say you?image

Sidebar comments:
Hope you had a good Baltimore show.

Best,

oreville
CLCT stockholder
A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Oreville...Always appreciate your suggestions. I really don't think we need a formal ist warning, second warning, etc. system. We don't really have a problem with virtually any board members or their posts. There were only two people we had a problem with. I don't think there will that many problems in the future. Unless someone is totally unfair and outrageous in their ragging on PCGS we won't splash anyone without a warning.

David

PS...Baltimore was awesome for both PCGS and Bowers and Merena.