Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

how do u feel packs to get game used cards or autos PLMK

PLMK thanks pm if u kno how to THANKS!!
Lookin For Stephon Marbury cards Game Used And Auto's!!

My site

RIP-Tony Orgell

Comments

• samsgirl214samsgirl214 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭
    hard to do these days with thick cardboard they add to packs
  • sometimes you can tell with the packs with out the cardboard. What i use to do when I grabbed a pack was rub my finger nail on the side of the pack where the edges of cards are and you would feel like a 5 bumps which would be like 5 base cards. For like a Gu, you would fee a bump then something flat then like one more bump, meaing theres a thick card in there. I use to do that but dont much anymore because I dont by as many packs as I use to. I did that with a TSC hockey pack and I knew somethin was in there and pulled a jersey.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • but either way I wouldn't feel for jerseys anyways cause most are worthless, you should just try your luck for autos,

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • This post is terrible. One person is asking a group how to basically cheat. You should go read a book or something that will expand your mind, instead of learning to cheat. Think of the 8 yr old kid trying to get a card of his favorite player. You ruin his chances simply by being greedy and cheating.
    Nowitzki & mavs stuff

References: cpdhenry, clearandvalid, lafrentz06,
    woodson24kg, burress80, chayne2, BigE187211, kr580, bjork73, BUD, DUNCANGAL,
    pacmanssportscards, KOBEcollector, Speedmaster
  • hey go mind ur own business no one asked to put stupid comments about cheating there is no cheating i just want to get some good cards and like u never done it!! plus im only 15 so back off we are no in school or whatever since u probaly think everything is cheating!!

My site

RIP-Tony Orgell
  • i feel do what you can to pull a nice card. you call that cheating????? then what about ultimate collection being $150 a pack. thats robbery!!!!!!!!!!
  • Plus how is it cheating its no game its a hobby and plus U BUY the dang packso whats so badd about it??? just dont post comments thinking everything is CHEATING cuz u probaly done it in ur life once before!!

My site

RIP-Tony Orgell
  • 8kobe8kobe Posts: 1,159
    Sounds more immoral then stealing. You would be cheating out everyone else that bought things out of the box, hurting the owners business cause people would think he was doing the searching, and making your collection a tainted one. It is possible though. Bot as accurate though. I think it takes the fun out of it anyway. the fun of cards is buying packs then seeing what you get not seeing what you get then buying it.
    Interested in Kobe Bryant, Game Used, Rare Inserts, Rookies, and Autos.
    References: Derrick(3),Teletubbie, MT Grinch, Kenny21, Awaltz, 2323, sypako, hondo, CoryZbinden(2)biggjc, boopopo2, Cardnyou, nismo68, Speedmaster, Baljit and more

Owner of the longest actual word in the "One word Post"
  • If feeling for inserts isn't cheating, then I guess that I play by a different set of rules.

It doesn't matter if you're 15 or 55, there's no way to justify this.

I was debating as to whether to leave this thread up as it has no value to the board.

It's nice to see that several are offended by this practice.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• cardnyoucardnyou Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭
    why cheat ?...do like the rest of us and spend ya money...we do...you aint no better than us !!

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    This is why I mostly buy sealed boxes... Some people don't know that their practices at "searching" can also cause damage to the packs/cards I end up buying. Buttmuches image
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    In defense of the card companies (probably my first!), they have come a long way in a few years on
    this subject! Back in 99 it was as simple as turning over 24 packs on their side and picking out the
    fat one! It doesn't take a genius to realize that if a game used card has the thickness of 4 cards
    you can't put it in a pack that has only 3 cards and not expect that to be cherry-picked.

However the fact of the matter is that there are many many collectors out there who search!
    Usually they are the guys who have been repeatedly screwed by pack buying. Afterall, if you
    only buy packs chances are you will NEVER break even! These guys know when the shipments
    come in and they know all the old tricks and they learn the new tricks. Even with all the
    dummy cards that the companies put out now, I would still say that 95% of game used and
    a great deal of autographs can still be searched!

Im with dirtmonkey! I only buy sealed boxes now, or if I buy packs they are from a fresh box...heck
    your odds are tough enough when a box is new, what chance do you have when some creap
    is feeling away!

It really seems like all the companies are making this a priority, and I would have to say that this
    is a bigger problem in retail stores rather than hobby (lets not count your crooked hobby dealer),
    it seems like the big four have all started to put dummy cards in their packs. Playoff and UD
    are the most effective, however they need make one change to really cement it! Its ironic that
    topps who recently went with a program to deter conterfeits, actually made it easier for
    pack searchers. They only need to look at how they did the Archives autos to see what worked!
    Fleer has their millions of worthless game used cards down to a thin thickness, and even pacific
    has realized that packaging the insert packs after the others creates pack-feelers signs!

Why not utilize a holder design like topps pristine and put the one good card in that,wether it
    be game used or autographed? That would make all packs feel the same and eliminate the
    work done to them by the common crook! Its not the companies are worried about
    cost anyways! If we are going to spend 150 dollars on a pack, why not inlcude a 30 cent
    screw down with it??

I think in a few more years this won't be a problem anymore!

Kevin

• << <i>sometimes you can tell with the packs with out the cardboard. What i use to do when I grabbed a pack was rub my finger nail on the side of the pack where the edges of cards are and you would feel like a 5 bumps which would be like 5 base cards. For like a Gu, you would fee a bump then something flat then like one more bump, meaing theres a thick card in there. I use to do that but dont much anymore because I dont by as many packs as I use to. I did that with a TSC hockey pack and I knew somethin was in there and pulled a jersey. >>

just would like 2 say. noooooooooooooooooo!
    i just found out by your sig that takeo has left my bengals! my SLU opened is worthless! Screw takeo spikes!

btw, lmao....
    This kid prolly gonna buy 3 packs... tryna get 3 jerseys... heheh
  • sealed packs arent safe either! i bought a UD Encore box, and had 2 packs with only 3 cards (supposed 2 be 5)
    and they where base cards, no gu! sent it 2 UD! they said they never got it! BS
  • Not only are my chances reduced to zero, but most of the time thugs that search the packs damage the cards by bending the corners etc., running your finger nail along the edge of the pack will more than likely chip the edges and who ever buys that pack gets basically trash.
    I confront the people I see searching and report them to the store manager, at one of the Wal-Marts near me, I discussed this problem with the store manager and he has treated it like opening the product, if you get caught you will be required to by them. At least two kids have been banned from that Wal-Mart for searching(Damaging Products).

NAS:
    If you send anything to anyone without certifing or registering it, might as well not have sent it, this is a tiresome subject and if it has happened to you, YOU have victimized yourself, no one else to blame.

• try this one out...theres a local card collector who buys a box of a product and weights each pack...feels them....and get a mental not as to how "heavy" the packs are that have the good stuff....then he goes to retail boxes and rips them to shreads....he did it in front of me and a hobby shop owner....it was amazing...we opened a brand new box....shifted the packs and then let him go thru them in the normal manner....he literally blew right thru the box and pulled every gu and auto in the box!!!!...he doesnt do it all the time...only when he can win a bet...he is now banned from touching packs in hobby stored around here...lol
  • anyone that feels packs to get the gu'd should be shot.....or even better...they should be made to explain their actions to all the kids that spend their hard earned money buying the other packs....may they be damned to a hell full of commons....just my opinion...dave in az

• << <i>Not only are my chances reduced to zero, but most of the time thugs that search the packs damage the cards by bending the corners etc., running your finger nail along the edge of the pack will more than likely chip the edges and who ever buys that pack gets basically trash.
    I confront the people I see searching and report them to the store manager, at one of the Wal-Marts near me, I discussed this problem with the store manager and he has treated it like opening the product, if you get caught you will be required to by them. At least two kids have been banned from that Wal-Mart for searching(Damaging Products).

NAS:
    If you send anything to anyone without certifing or registering it, might as well not have sent it, this is a tiresome subject and if it has happened to you, YOU have victimized yourself, no one else to blame. >>

WHata you mean??? I sent it to them with a nice bubble envelope with my empty packs to UD, like they told me 2... with my proof of purchase... and they said that they never recieved it... it was so blah...

BBT:
    Why is there no signature on that kobe card in your sig??? LOL
  • thats the kobe that is listed on the UD checklist....which makesme sad cuz i cant see what it looks like with the auto image...lol
  • maybe he signed it in white sharpie eh? newest hit , the "Clear" Signature...so clear its not even there! whoaaaaaaaaa lol
    What would be cool is if the numbers in the back, contained a jersey swatch 2! lo
  • NAS,

Just copy your .40 Delivery Confirmation Receipt and email it to them....

• << <i>This post is terrible. One person is asking a group how to basically cheat. You should go read a book or something that will expand your mind, instead of learning to cheat. Think of the 8 yr old kid trying to get a card of his favorite player. You ruin his chances simply by being greedy and cheating. >>

He is 8 years old image