Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Swap questions...

I have been watching this board for quite some time, and have been very interested in a swap or trade or something with someone. I have been a coin collector since I was a child, and now I'm 26 (ugh, how time flies) however my collection is still quite limited. I have not until recently actually begun to buy coins just because I want them. What do others want from others who participate in a swap? What limits are there to the amounts? From what I gather, there is a group that decides to have a swap then a list goes out at a set price/amount of coins to send. Does that go to each person on the list? Or, do you just get one name off of that list? I hope someone will help me out with this, I am truly interested in this and would like to get a LOT more involved in the hobby.
Trying to make a set of just about anything....but too broke to do so.... :-P

Collect all US coins, attempting to make a set of certified Sivler Eagles

Comments

• Options
    I have been in three swaps now and so far every one that I have dealt with has been great. In general, at least so far, swaps are for coins or batches of coins worth $30.00 or more. The person that sends to you or that you send to can be determined by the order that you sign up or random among those that express an interest. You are sending to one person and a different person is sending coins to you. Your extras are OK, but no JUNK coins though. If you do not like it no one else will. So far I have asked the person that I am to send to what they are looking for and that gives me an excuse to go to the coin shop and look for that as well as coins I would like myself. My local coin dealer thinks that these swaps are great - every one of them brings him at least $100.00 in sales because I always find things for me as well as the person that I am sending to. I have received several nice coins from forum members and I hope that the ones that I have sent to are as happy with the coins that I have sent. When someone is willing to coordinate/host another swap there will be a new thread stating so. Just sign up and enjoy!

If this does not answer your questions then let me or another participant know and I am sure that you will get your questions answered.

If I have mistated or left out anything please post corrections to avoid general confusion.

edit to add: When you get your coins from the swap it is generally good form to share the info (who, what, when) with the rest of the participants by posting what you received in the thread.