Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Philosophical View Part-3

BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
It is said that we bring nothing into this world, and we leave this world with nothing.

I have never agreed with that statement. While I do not plan to exit this plane of existence

with my coin collection sewn into my vest. I expect to leave my last conscious moment, with the

most valuable of all I possess. ........................Memories.

It often takes merely a sound, a song, a scent or even a scenic view, for a part of the brain

to recall something that is often rare to you beyond the value of gold and silver. The emotion of that

moment of recall is almost overwhelming in its intensity and emotion. It may have been a major event

in your life or one of those fleeting moments of happiness and sheer joy ,that flies before you on

gossimer wings and then seems lost in the mist of time. It is not really ever lost, it is stored away

with all the other knowledge and memories somewhere in the brain. Sometimes these fleeting periods

of recall are so strong ,that tears of joy or sadness will flow down your cheeks. Or a soft laughter will

rise up in your throat and for a moment, a magical moment, you feel reborn ,when all was new and clean

and fresh. When you had a lifetime stretching before you as far as your eye could see. The mind is a

powerful and wonderful organ. It can recreate a moment in time with remarkable fidelity. To be sure,

we tend to cleans all that was negetive and retain all that was poinient, happy and innocent.

this is what you carry with you all of your life and these memories of a lifetime ,are what you will carry

with you in that last measure of conscious time.
There once was a place called
Camelotimage

Comments

• Options
    CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    hi bear.....if i cant take it with me, iam not going!........if you go, can i have your new coins you got bought?image
  • Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    image I pray this will always happen till my last breath! The memories and time are fleeting, yet I pray they will never leave until the light fads.
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Memories are also often the most treasured part of us that we leave behind for those we love.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Classics - You would have to pry them loose from Mrs Bear and two full grown and powerful cubs.

I doubt if you would have a chance in hell.image
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    That did it! I'm mixing up a pitcher of Margaritas!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

<< <i>Classics - You would have to pry them loose from Mrs Bear and two full grown and powerful cubs.

I doubt if you would have a chance in hell.image >>

............okay, okay, can i have a jelly donut?image
  • Options

• Options
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memories may be beautiful, and then
    What's to painful to remember
    We simply choose to forget.....................

LaLaLaimage

The way we were!!!!
  • Options
    A treat , for all of the nice things

said about me.
    Camelotimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights