Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

The worst product ever made: Topps Jersey Editions

The hobby has reached a new low. I've noticed alot of people on the board talking about this product. Horrible, horrible product. Check out the auctions on ebay. The boxes are selling for over $175 and the individual cards are selling for peanuts. I don't get it.
Joel C

Comments

• if all you did was come here to bash on cards and other people like gu then you arent going to get many trades. if you even make any
    refs:
    magic1fan,dpsports,KOBEcollector,4sportcollector,
    kobe8fan,cardnyou,coreyzbinden,ahares,josher416,uwftke26,Quasar31,lafrentz06,cpandeas,Lway7fan,EarlHamMan,dkiger,samsgirl214,bbtt123,co1ector,kr580,carddude,cbc2112

MY SITE
    (always updating)

• << <i>The boxes are selling for over $175 and the individual cards are selling for peanuts. I don't get it. >>

Peanuts?

Currently at $510 with 8 days to goimage
  • joelwalterjoelwalter Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Nobody has the cards I'm looking for. Everyone has crap crap crap

I need 99 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractors

High dollar Corey Dillon cards.

Let's wait and see how long it takes for someone to offer me a $2 Corey Dillon jersey card.
    Joel C
    So I'm guessing the odds of getting a 1/1 are one in three boxes then? You'd have to open probably 30-40 boxes just to snag one of those bad boys. Either that or be one lucky mo-fo.
    Joel C
  • haliguyhaliguy Posts: 587 ✭✭
    let me get this straight... you come here trying to sell a Collectors Edge card, and try to say that a Topps set is the worst product ever? Kind of ironic...
    --------
    Paul
  • because corey dillon is junk thats why nobody has him
    refs:
    kobe8fan,cardnyou,coreyzbinden,ahares,josher416,uwftke26,Quasar31,lafrentz06,cpandeas,Lway7fan,EarlHamMan,dkiger,samsgirl214,bbtt123,co1ector,kr580,carddude,cbc2112

MY SITE
    (always updating)

• thats very true haliguy
    refs:

MY SITE
    (always updating)

• << <i>So I'm guessing the odds of getting a 1/1 are one in three boxes then? You'd have to open probably 30-40 boxes just to snag one of those bad boys. Either that or be one lucky mo-fo. >>

Hey, I'm not the one that said the cards sell for peanuts.
    If you check out that guys auction, it looks like he busted hundreds of boxes. I'm sure he's a big time dealer who gets his stuff cheaper than retail so at least he's not paying top price

I was looking to trade the Peerless for some good 99 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractors or top Dillon stuff. But nobody collects Dillon stuff, YET....6 straight 1,000 yard seasons just isn't good enough for anyone here.
    Joel C
  • kr580kr580 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭

<< <i>Nobody has the cards I'm looking for. Everyone has crap crap crap >>

then take ur azz to ebay... i'm sure no one will miss you... the sad truth

• << <i>Let's wait and see how long it takes for someone to offer me a $2 Corey Dillon jersey card. >>

Well, it's gonna be over half an hour.
  • Corey Dillon's rap sheet will never be out done by his statistics. The guy is a multiple ex-con who is a menace to society. He'd be rotting in prison if he weren't famous

Erik
    I'd challenge you to a battle of wits...... but you appear unarmed

"Stop talking, negotiating,
    Your feeble attempts at world peace
    Give me a %#@*ing break
    Need worldwide genocide, planetary suicide
    And when the whole damn world is dead
    there's your %#@*ing peace"
    He has my respect! He's underrated as they get! I'm sure when he broke Payton's 275 yard single game record alot of people were upset.

I don't really look at Dillon as a criminal. It's all in the past! People can change! Rodman always had a bad rap but has a huge collector base. Rodman's cards sell for more than most Jordan's of the same brand kind. I think the same can be said of Dillon. There are lots of people true to collecting Dillon's card. I think most people are just waiting for him to find a new team.
    Joel C
  • "I don't really look at Dillon as a criminal. It's all in the past! People can change! Rodman always had a bad rap but has a huge collector base. Rodman's cards sell for more than most Jordan's of the same brand kind. I think the same can be said of Dillon."

Rodman was a flambouyant nutjob, not an ex-con with an extensive police record..... so you're comparing apples to oranges. And very few Rodman cards will outsell a Jordan from the same set......

Erik

Give me a %#@*ing break
  • 1991 Topps
    1988 Score
    Late 80's Donruss
    1981 Fleer

These are the true worst sets of all time.
    Looking for good graded vintage cards, especially T206.
    Rodman will outsell Jordan cards. It's all about supply and demand. Very few high dollar Rodman cards out there.

His Credentials, Rubies, Autographics from 97 were his last decent cards made. They sell for well over $300 a piece if you can find them.

There are so many Jordan cards out there to choose from, the value has begun to drop, drop, drop.

Joel C
    Those may be bad sets, but remember, you weren't paying 20 bucks a pack for them
    Joel C
  • You say Rodmans Autographics sell for $300 a piece, and that that will out sell Jordan?? Give me a break, you find me a certified Jordan autograph for $300 and i'll buy it for you, and remember how many more Jordan auto's there are in production than Rodman

Erik

Give me a %#@*ing break
  • i happen to agree with joelwalter to degree. topps is just releasing another market flooder wich will decrease the valsue of memrobilia cards even more, but i owuldnt call i the worst product ever... Donruss Originals is pretty crappy
  • Yeah those Donruss Originals were complete crap. I got licky and pulled a BGS 8.5 Cone rc. At least it was a high grade rc, even if Cone isn't collected by many. My local shop owner showed me all the junk he pulled. His best was the Palmerio rc graded a 7.5 which looked more like a 5 with this big black ink stain on the front. Donruss sure knew how to break back into the baseball card market.
    Looking for good graded vintage cards, especially T206.
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I have a 1998 Bowman's Best Autographs Atomic Refractor Corey Dillon if you are interested.