Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

A stupid but necessary trade rule:

Unfortunately, I feel that this rule is now necessary for me when trading.

I will no longer trade with anyone under the age of 18.
want (in this order):
etopps
DVD's
video games & systems
CD's
Culpepper sportscards

Comments

• LMFAO OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! ARENT YOU LIKE 12?
  • That's crazy. I'm 12 and I have not ripped anyone off after 20 trades.
  • LMAO! !So you are adding that new rule to the other stupid one; that everyone has to send 1st to you.You truly do have some serious
    issues;you better seek professional help.Let's see; lacks trust & now discriminates against youth.How much more paranoid are you going to get.LOL ! What a joke !
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • what if i have my mother sign a permission slip for me and we fax it to you then if i dont send i get a spanking...get grounded for 2 weeks and i send it out/??.....wait..im 20...im good....WTF is up with this rule??
  • haliguyhaliguy Posts: 587 ✭✭
    co1lector, a little constructive criticism here... please don't be offended.

All the heat that you take on this forum (and you have to admit that you've taken your share of bashing) is brought on by yourself. Whether it be putting 'You send first!!!' in your sig line, or making a completely unintelligent and thoughtless statement like you just made. If your preference is to trade only with people aged 18+, by all means do so. Don't respond to posts made by people under 18, and if someone under 18 responds to your post asking for a trade, politely decline. By making a post like this, you're just asking for the dogs to be let loose.

p.s. Out of curiousity, do you now require a scan of a photo ID?
    --------
    Paul
  • I understand what co1 is getting at though..the younger you are the more lack of responsibility becomes an issue. I know many kids out there are good dealers, but there are more kids that are a waste of time than older more experienced traders. I know a lot of people who prefer not trading with kids because they dont think things through. I usually prefer not trading with kids under 16 unless I know them well.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
    and Seth, there is nothing wrong with having your own personal preferences... your cards are your cards, and you can trade them to whomever you wish. But wouldn't it be better just to keep it to yourself, and politely decline an offer made by a younger member, instead of making a moronic post like this one?
    --------
    Paul
  • im just sharing my opinion, nothing wrong with that. Many people would side with Co1 on his trading policy, im not sure about 18 but age of the person s.omeone is dealing with matters a lot

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • Actually, I'm 20.

I'm sure you haven't.

Bob, what is a joke is the fact that you ALWAYS say that you NEVER look or talk down to people. That's the biggest BS I have ever seen. You have a HUGE ego problem and YOU are the one that needs the professional help.

I don't feel like putting up with little kids that change their mind after a trade is agreed upon, waiting a month to receive from someone because they can't get to the PO or can't buy their own stamps, or have something sent out that would clearly have a problem getting through.

Hal, I do not know how many people are on here that are under 18, but it seems like more and more people are trying to trade that are under 18. I just want minors to know ahead of time (since it seems like there are so many) that I'm not going to trade with minors.

Seth, that is true. The main reasons are listed above. I have dealt with 2 13 yr olds that have each taken a month to get their side of the trade to me.

Hal, I just don't want to waste people's time by working out a trade, then telling them I won't do it because of their age.

Seth, I may change it to 16+ (since they can drive), but as of right now, I'm only dealing with "adults" since they should be able to take more responsibility.
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • co1lector, what if the "minor" has already done a trade with you and you got a good deal and you got it quick. will you not trade with them even though they are great traders just because they are a "minor"??????
    refs:
    magic1fan,dpsports,KOBEcollector,4sportcollector,
    kobe8fan,cardnyou,coreyzbinden,ahares,josher416,uwftke26,Quasar31,lafrentz06,cpandeas,Lway7fan,EarlHamMan,dkiger,samsgirl214,bbtt123,co1ector,kr580,carddude,cbc2112

MY SITE
    (always updating)

• << <i>I'm sure you haven't. >>

Was that suppose to be sarcasm?
    thats fine co1lector, as I said to Seth earlier, they are your cards and you can trade them to whomever you wish. But just imagine how many more awesome trades you could have made over the past couple of years if you didn't have that arrogant line in your sig. Just think about how many people have closed the door on even thinking about dealing with you because of it. If you keep making these new restrictions, you may find yourself getting even less responses to your posts than you get now. Good traders are a wide range of ages, and the same goes for bad traders. In my opinion you are doing nothing here but hurting yourself, but again, to each his own. I wish you luck in all future trades.

p.s. still somewhat curious about the scan of photo ID thing.
    --------
    Paul
  • I don't trade that much online anymore ever since my preference of cards is high end vintage. My observation is that a person is just gonna lie to you about their age from now on if they want to make the trade that badly. Even if you ask for id, the person might get offended even if ther are an adult, since its a sign that your not trusting them even though you want to do a deal with them. If you require the scan of their license, they can just take their parents and scan it and pass it off as theirs. This rule is only going to cause trouble and not really prevent anything. I'm sure your a good person and have good morals and values when it comes to dealing with the public.
    Looking for good graded vintage cards, especially T206.
  • lol...HAHAHAHAHAHA.....hes just tryin to get attention......
  • CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    So, what if the person is 17 1/2 years old. Does that include them too? Come on 'cc' just because
    the person is young is not a reason to trade. You should be able to tell pretty easy on here on who
    to trade with or not. If I see enough stupid comments by someone, it just tells me that that person
    is probably someone I don't want to trade with and just stay away from them. Actually, most of them
    have now been kicked off this site. I think you need to rethink that idea.
  • If I have traded with him before and the deal was completed fast, then I would do consider trading with him again.

No. I haven't seen anything about you being a bad trader or even a questionable one.

I really don't care what people think. If they want to think something about me, that's fine. The only things I dont like are questioning my trading status or wasting my time with nonsense.

I'm not going to lower myself by asking for ID. I did not reply to Haliguy about that, because I thought it was a rediculous question.

tmac, back off. If I was trying to get attention, I would waste my time by making nonsense posts (like "guys, look at this" or "this is what happened to me today").

Car, I have dealt with kr580 (Calikev) and Drums4Christ7 (package inside was stolen). It took me a month to receive from them because they couldn't get to the PO or didn't have the money to ship out. Also, Drums wanted to change the trade after we agreed to it and he "said" he shipped out.
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    My problem is this... Quit being a spaz... I sent first to you and you sent me a card that was not what you said it was. You said it was BV $80 (some R. Williams Refractor card) when it was really some damaged r. Williams card around $20). Thanks for wasting my time (and shipping cost) to you on that trade...
  • Actually, I had it listed on my site as a '99 Topps Chrome R.Williams Mystery Chrome Refractor (RC). I asked you the BV and you said it was $80, so that was your error because you looked up the wrong card. Besides, you sent me back the cards and I sent you back your cards. Also, I looked at the card when I got it back. The corner was VERY minorly damaged. When I sent it to you, it was mint.
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • I don't think the age thing has anything to do with it. I'm 17 and have had no bad or even neutral trades. There are just as many adult bad traders as kid bad traders. Now, you can trade with whomever you wish, but I really think you're limiting yourself when you trade with only people over 18. I do think the best way to avoid bad traders is to do your reserach. I never send first or even at the same time to someone who has no references. That's how I have managed to say ripoff-free.
    Always looking for Vladimir Guerrero!!!

The beginnings of a CU reference list: Dkiger, Dewey, autobilia, ljmaya,cardjunkie, hamptonfan2002

Bad traders: back to being just Winsarc
  • booooooooooo
    #1 DUSTY WATHAN COLLECTOR IN THE WORLD!!
    my page
  • Glad to hear you haven't been ripped yet. Hope you never have any problems. Unfortunately, I have done research, and more than 3/4 of my bad trades were from people who had good references (so it seemed).
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • collector you Are GAY
    I'm going to be a Jedi-Master...
    "Can I write check?" - Yao Ming
    My Wantlist
  • "I'm going to be a Jedi-Master"

You think that is not?
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • SlipKnot515SlipKnot515 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭
    Heh, this is one of those privileges that one would get when they turn 18 that I wouldn't want...

"cc" you were the one who used to act like a preteen all the time in collectorchat. I think, along with many other people here, that you are a moron. Plain and simple. Hey cc, I'm 17, have I ripped anyone? No! It's called foresight, that's what people that have half a brain use. It is really actually quite simple to tell, at least most of the time, if someone may rip you on a trade. I don't see why you care anyways, if you make people send first. I don't think your time is THAT valuable as to not even try to trade with people under the age of 18...

• The fool of "right now" to make fun of is Co1lector. Unlike his wantlist, this will never change.
  • so wait- whats the difference between an 18 year old ripping you off and a 12 year old ripping you off?
    Rest in peace Josh, we'll all miss you
  • And you wonder why you have no friends on here. YOUR A MORON. You don't make any trades as is... how u gonna make some with 1/2 the number of traders. Someday you'll earn... I hope
    Check out my Site
    AIM:IGotmadgame333
    email: cctjones@marshallnet.com
    ebay id-TimDwight83
    imagehttp://forums.collectors.com/attachments//Ricky.jpg">
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Actually, I had it listed on my site as a '99 Topps Chrome R.Williams Mystery Chrome Refractor (RC). I asked you the BV and you said it was $80, so that was your error because you looked up the wrong card. Besides, you sent me back the cards and I sent you back your cards. Also, I looked at the card when I got it back. The corner was VERY minorly damaged. When I sent it to you, it was mint.

Well actually, you didn't have it listed as that. In fact, you also refered to it as this through our PM's on the deal...

Still interested in that R.Williams Chrome Refractor (RC)?

And furthermore, when determining the cards value, it wasn't me that stated the price but you who said this (again, info through PM's)...

As for the R.Williams, Crum had the same exact card, and he posted that it's BV was $75.

And in closing, try getting your facts straight. Also, whether the card was mint when sent or not, it wasn't when I received it so watch what you're inferring.
  • LMAO-Hey nimrod, I am not the one talking down to anyone.You are the one who is standing on a pedestal looking down & demanding anyone you trade with send 1st.Now, you are once again standing on a pedestal looking down & stating you will no longer trade with kids under a certain age.
    You are the one who thinks they are better than everyone else that the rest of us have to cowtow to your whims.Well,guess what; as before you are wrong again. Altho, in a strange way, you are doing the younger members of this forum a favor.How have you done this, you ask ?
    KIDS, LISTEN UP."co1lector" IS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A PERSON YOU NEVER WANT TO TRADE WITH.THIS HOBBY WAS ALWAYS MEANT TO BE FUN & ANY NIMROD LIKE THIS THAT SUCKS ALL THE FUN OUT OF IT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL COST.LET HIM SIT THERE IN HIS UTOPIAN PERFECT LITTLE WORLD ALL BY HIMSELF.THAT IS,IN FACT, WHERE HE BELONGS.
    By the way,that so called trade list of people you traded with even with your stupid rules means nothing.I know for a fact,that the only reason some of those people traded with you was you had a card they badly wanted.I also know for a fact a majority of them disagree with your trding rules & don't have any rules of thier own.
    We shall continue to trade with all members of this forum,regardless of age & have FUN doing it.Later!
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • OK, I'm confussed......

co1lector?, you are going to refuse to do a trade with me based on my age? In almost EVERY state you aren't a legal adult until you are 21. By the way 16 only means you are authorized to drive not necessarily able to do so. It's like being 18, you are authorized, but not necessarily able, to make adult decissions.

REMEMBER: Card Collecting is for those that are still a kid at heart.........................

• UndertakerUndertaker Posts: 5,200 ✭✭

<< <i>REMEMBER: Card Collecting is for those that are still a kid at heart......................... >>

hehe, ya think? image