Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Vick has a receiver now :)......

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) -- The Atlanta Falcons acquired Peerless Price in a trade with the Buffalo Bills on Friday, landing a big-name receiver to go with quarterback Michael Vick, a source said.

The deal will be announced during an afternoon news conference at the Falcons' training complex, the source close to the team said, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold wouldn't comment.

Atlanta was desperate for a deep receiving threat to go with Vick, who was voted to the Pro Bowl in his first season as a starter and led the Falcons to the second round of the playoffs.

Price fits the bill. Last season, he caught 94 passes, seventh in the NFL, for 1,252 yards and nine touchdowns.

Brian Finneran was the Falcons' leading receiver with 54 catches.

The 26-year-old Price would have counted $5.01 million against the Bills' salary cap -- or about $2 million more than Buffalo's No. 1 receiver, Eric Moulds (100 catches in 2002). Price's departure will free cap space for the Bills to pursue needed defensive help.

Price lives in Atlanta during the offseason and spent last weekend with team officials. He limited Buffalo's option by refusing to visit any team.

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.

Comments

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    It doesn't matter who you have running down the sidelines if you are on your backside
    looking up a the Bucs defensive line! The Falcons are more than one player away!

JS
  • wat??? whod dey trade? my dads gonna be mad cause hes a big bills fan and really likes him and moulds,
    my site
    CU Refs- Fuzz86, Duncangalx2, lafrentz06, playr050, ahares, battier, PunKrocKtrojaN, SpeedMaster x2, Magic1fan, Beave2, Patman2011, pugsley, lilgotz1, netfan5, gmac, felix76, nismo68, xxchamp34xx, kbryant1, dmiles89, ladude465, zbarr23, PHil2347, judgement, panthersfan, tomkat, kobecollector, ljmaya, jimjoe
  • NO! lol but o well the bills didn't need him that much...you have to look at what they really need, defensive players! Plus no one really knows Price, Atlanta fans know him as a good wide receiver, Bills fans know him as a good wide receiver and a game blower by attacking players.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • NashNash Posts: 709
    Atlanta traded their first round pick (23rd overall)
  • yea, that should work well for Buffalo..now the bills can get a good pic, and $$ under the cap to pick up some defensive players.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• it should make a interesting game next season, Bills vs. Atlanta

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• haliguyhaliguy Posts: 587 ✭✭
    great deal for Atlanta... they give up pick #23 overall and pick up a guy who caught 90+ passes last year for over 1200 yds, 9 tds and 5 100+ yd games.
    --------
    Paul
  • duncangalduncangal Posts: 3,140
    Peerless Price ? Did his parents name him after faucets? lol image
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
    He must play hot and cold, hehe......okay, I'll shut up
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • please do duncan..lol jk..I forgot how he got his name but I remember being told..

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• << <i>Peerless Price ? Did his parents name him after faucets? lol image >>

Duncangal, the TE on the Falcons has an equally strange name image

First and Last, I'll let ya figure that one out !

It does have to do with Moisture image
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Seth, you should be happy . Picking up Spikes was great. I wish the Vikings would have went after him image
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• the deal isnt final yet, since the Bengals put their Franchise tag on him, they have 7 days to counter the offer. Spikes signed the sheet saying he will accept if the bengals dont offer a higher offer.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

• josh reed will be a threat on that team next year this is a good move even though he was a good wide out this will give reed a chance to blossom
    I collect all! mostly football- My main collectable wants are Jamal Lewis,Ray Lewis, and cool ass auto's

refs:jeffo81,baird,Romeo,co1lector,Euphoria18,Cardnyou and many more just ask

• yea Josh Reed will standout next year, he had some sweet catches this year and he was #3, being #2 next year he will step up and take over Price's place

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Hmm DaBeef, could it be Alge Crumpler? poor guy image

• << <i>yea Josh Reed will standout next year, he had some sweet catches this year and he was #3, being #2 next year he will step up and take over Price's place >>

heh yeah he did good against my Vikes D, but that isnt saying much is it!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• lol yea..still Reed made the catches when he really had to matter what type of coverage was over him. I hope he stays with Buffalo for a long time.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards