Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Need your help: Should I do this trade?

I would be getting a 02-03 Jordan Ovation Game used Gold #/100, the beckett lists it at 500.00 but I was wondering if this was wrong. I was suprised to see it booking that high since there are 100 of them around.

I woul dbe giving up the skybox ruby jamison rookie, topps draft redemption iverson, and peerless price spx card. I am getting a better end of the deal assuming the card is really 500.00, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid.

Comments

• yeah...says $500.00 to me too....its definitely a better deal..you get one realllly nice one for givin up 3 decent ones...id do it in a flash
  • Go for it. The reason it's so high is because it has him in a Wizardz uniform. If it was a Bulls card, it would probably be worth $200.
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • i wouldn't do the trade because after all, it's just another gu card. why you shouldn't do the trade?

this card right here..

skybox ruby jamison rookie

what's it #ed to again? just wondering.
  • so your saying you wouldnt take a $500 jordan????...thats kinda messed up...i dont think its going down anytime soon...unless you know something more than i do
  • i dont know how much that peerless price SPx is worth but the jamisons is $160 and the iverson is $120. yeah thats high BV cards you have to give up but you get 1 card that is hard to find an never losin value...
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The Iverson is at its highest value right now and the other two cards have the potential to
    go up. The Spx really has about a 60 dollar roof, as there are 1999 of them. The Jordan
    really won't go up anymore, but it is one heck of a nice card. I think you would be gettting
    the better of the deal on this one!

JS
  • @ Gregmadduxfan

If i were you i wouldn't do the trade

There's a simple reason for that : on ebay, you can buy the Jordan Gold for about 125 $ , that's 1/4 of BV ! It consistently sells for that
    I wouldn't do the trade for the simple reason that you could sell your Jamison rookie ruby for FULL BV easily , in same cases they sell for more then BV ! So you could be getting more for your Jamison then you could buy the Jordan for .

But hey it's your call , if you just want to trade, then go for it
    If you are interested in having some cash, then forget the Jordan and sell your Jamison ruby and trade the rest of your cards

But hey, after all, that's just my opinion. But i've been in the business for 10 years now so i know what i'm talking about .
    Hope my explanation helps . And these ovation cards WILL drop in value, that value is allready DAMN insane ! It's a cheap product, not to mention the jordan is only WARM-UP ! and you get the Value by using multipliers and we all know how hard it is for multipliers to maintain their value . But it's your call
    I collect

Jason Richardson 01-02 Rookie Year
    Kenyon Martin 00-01 Rookie Year
  • If nothing else, I'm sure you could find a dealer that would trade you 1 or 2 good cards that you're interested in for the Jordan.
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Go for it. The reason it's so high is because it has him in a Wizardz uniform. If it was a Bulls card, it would probably be worth $200.

Collector's would much rather have him in his Bulls uniform than his Wizards. When he was with the Bulls, game used was not a fad. Out of all the seasons with the Bulls he has only a handfull of jerseys and they are all high end. He has tons of Wizards game used over the last 2 seasons. They have flooded the market with his Wizards game used. There are some very cheap ones like Materialistic and others. Then there is always the graded Game used practice jersey BGS case that you can get for $5. So you have it backwards, if it books $500 in a Wizards jersey, it would be more likely that it would be $1,000 in a Bulls jersey.
  • jamison just went for 40 tonight. i'm telling ya. the reason to not do this trade is the jamison ruby rc.
  • I would not do the trade, there is like Kobecollector said the reason it seem to be a good deal is you could sell the Jam, Ruby RC and get your own Jordan Jersey card and still have some cash and your other cards!

2001 Leaf Certified FF #ed/400 and the RC Auto'ed /150
    2001 SPA Gold RC #ed/100
    2002 SPA RC Auto's #ed/1150
    2002 SPx RC Auto'ed /999

My Tradepage

REF: Hondo, vittleboy, vinsanity,Speedmaster