Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Anyone else here find it amazing when . . .

. . . a trade is send at the same time, the other trader does not send at all because some emergency comes up, and then there is something wrong with your card so the trader ultimately decides to return it. And to top matters off, all this is done without even an e-mail to you.

Now I will not call the person out who did this (you know who you are), but I am somewhat surprised you seem to have good comments left on this site when you conduct yourself along those lines. I also find everything you said highly skeptical. I do apologize if my item had something wrong with it, but I do find it rather odd you had the fortuitous foresight to not send at all so you could easily return my item. Personally, I will never deal with you again.

Chuck

Comments

• I think you should let everyone know who it is. That way others can avoid what happened to you. I think I might know who you are talking about though.
    Steve
  • The trader has all good comments on this site, other than my experience. I will reply to anyone's PM asking who this trader is, but I will not publicly slam him because among other reasons I have not received my returned card yet.
  • The fact that he is returning your part of the trade because there is something wrong with the quality seems very suspect.Why would you send a card in bad condition without 1st informing the person you are trading with of that.
    It seems to me,that it all worked out to eveyones satisfaction. Imagine what would have happened had they sent at the same time
    & he got your card in that condition.It's good you didn't name this person.Just consider this trade a wash & if you try to trade this card in the future,tell the person you are trading with what is wrong with the card BEFORE you agree on a trade.That alone,will save you alot of hassle.
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • I recently had the same thing happen to me:

Pennington RCs
    Moss Black Diamond Sheer Brilliance RC
    Moss Flair RC
    Jeter Gold Label Gold/299
    Staubach RC (poor condition)
    a few other cheap ones I don't remember

The guy SAID he sent at same time, I never received my B.Sanders Score RC and auto, he received and sent back the cards because he didn't like the condition of the Staubach, I received my cards back, and never received the B.Sanders (because he told me he sent 2 days before he received my cards, but didn't like the Staubach and was able to "call it back"). Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "poor" condition about a PSA 1? This guy is on Beckett and I will NEVER deal with him again. He sent me $1 back to "cover the S+H", but it cost me a lot more than that to ship out all of those cards and insure them for $200. He said it was fair for him to only send me $1 because he had to pay the cost to ship my own cards back to me. I have NEVER heard anyone say anything like that.
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • BOBSTAR--You seemed to have missed the point of my post. I'll reiterate for you, with slightly slower type this time--are you ready? Is it not incredible foresight on the other trader's part to not send his cards at all, and then find something wrong with my card? I am going to check the postmark on when my card was returned, and if it was after my PM to the trader I am going to post the information to the board. I think the trader either 1: traded away the items I was supposed to receive and forgot about my trade, or 2: Got a better deal on one or both his items and figured he'd just return my cards. Either way, should the trader just unilaterally do all this without even a e-mail/PM? Either way, what prevented him from mailing on the trade for the better part of two weeks?

Now you seem to talk down to me like I am some little school kid who has not been doing this for a while or does not have any trading references. Probably why you make so many friends on this board imageimage as you speak without knowing your head from a certain body orifice. Obviously (insert you _____ with any term the reader may feel is appropriate) had the card appeared damaged to me, I would have said something. Go check my page, and on the GU items or cards with creasing or white corner my list says that http://www.cardtradingfools.com/smarteeeee Example of white corner on my list: McNabb Ovation RC. Creasing examples--check the GU/Auto page. What the trader says was the damage on my card was some "scuffing" on the foil label of the card. Not really specific just "some scuffing".

And Bobstar--I actually employ the policy where either trader can return the items if he is not completely satisfied with the quality of the cards he receives. No ifs, ands or buts. That is how you build the reputation I have on the Internet. That is also why I did not publicly denounce the trader. Had I engaged in such tactics my reputation would have been no better than yours.

Chuck
  • I never speak"down" to anyone but then it all depends on how little you think of yourself.From the sound of it,you must be in a well.
    Just hope you all can work out your differences.Later!
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • BOBSTAR--Your continuous attempts to speak down to people has nothing to do with their belief of themself, but rather your somewhat inflated ego and unrealistic belief of yourself. I am just a man, bowing before the all-knowing Mt. Olympian himself--Bobstar. May I get off my knee now, masta suh?
  • cardnyoucardnyou Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭
    lmao

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.
  • lol smarteeee, i learned it the hard way that beckett.com is a living hell hole. I got ripped 3 times in 4 trades there, for $1500+, and everyone complains about how all the ripp offs go there because it is so easy to sign up they dont check anything, i now that for sure.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • Smarteeeee, It sounds fun to me also?? HMMMMMM

I think you are right about the person (trader) that did not send as agreed! He changed his mind and made up a story and said FU because he knew he did not send!

Bobstar can not say it works out for both of you because he nor anyone else knows the facts!

So if you think you are handling this the best way by not saying who it is, then so be it!

BTW- I will never send at the same time with anyone! Those who know me and trade with me know I stand behind all my trades and they know 100% they will get their card/s!

Just my 2 cents!

2001 Leaf Certified FF #ed/400 and the RC Auto'ed /150
    2001 SPA Gold RC #ed/100
    2002 SPA RC Auto's #ed/1150
    2002 SPx RC Auto'ed /999

My Tradepage

REF: Hondo, vittleboy, vinsanity,Speedmaster
  • yea..i never send first either.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !
  • And people always wonder why I ask people to send 1st. They get all upset about it.
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards
  • BlackbirdXXX-That's about what your comments are worth "2 cents". Like you know anymore about this situation than anyone else commenting.LOL

Smarteeeee-Actually,that is up to you whether you want to get up off your knees or not.Don't really care one way or the other.

By the way,for any of you traders that demand everyone send 1st regardless of thier trading record;let me just state for the majority of great traders on here: We are insulted by your implication & would NEVER trade with you under those terms.Talk about acting high minded & looking or talking down to people;that is the ultimate example of it.For sure,you'll never trade with some of the best on the CU forum.Later !
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

Bobstarvet@aol.com

• Bob, I have not said anything until now, but you ALWAYS talk down to people. You act like you are so much better than everyone else. For your information, I have requested that almost ALL of my references to send 1st. As far as "never trading with some of the best", I guess Crum, Duncangal, Derrick, Nash, Danotorious, cardnyou, Chrisdaballa, Samsgirl, Autobilia, and Dewey are not "some of the best" then (and that's only 10 I've named). If you would like more names of references of mine (from someone who requests almost everyone to send 1st), I would be more than willing to do that.
    want (in this order):
    etopps
    DVD's
    video games & systems
    CD's
    Culpepper sportscards