Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

I think I might just stop collecting...

..Being 12 and having to ask permission to buy stuff isn't really worth it. Like Baljit, I have also kinda lost the passion. So, I think I might just stop collecting and sell off everything but my Gasols. So take a look at my site and LMK if ya want anything. Good luck with all of your collection and god bless!!!

-Jackson

Comments

• i might want that jrich RC....how much ???..sorry to hear that ..being young and being a card collector..you have to have parents who collect also or understand you passion...I gave up collecting when i was young and just recently picked it back up...now I am 20 so its easier to buy cards since I am on my own...once you get a job it does free up your ability to regain you passion that has consumed all of us and keeps us coming back for another pack to see if we can fulfill our dreams of pulling that one card that makes us smile. Trust me..you will come back to trading/buying cards...but dont let it consume you to the point that your financial status is in question..I will admit..i have gone overboard and jepordized my home/car just because it was a while since i busted packs. See you when you get back in the art/game of collecting
  • Yeah, I know I'll be back too when I'm older. My dad collected cards when he was a kid. He claims to have the whole 86-87 Fleer Basketball set in a box but we can't find it...lol. But, I can't just go out and buy an $80 box of Topps Chrome without asking and it kinda bugs me. Make an offer on the J-Rich. Thanksimage
  • I would like to get that Richardson Ovation warm up BV $15 lmk what you want for it.
    thanks.....Aaron
    Looking for Colts and Pacers!

mooregary49@msn.com
  • ranchranch Posts: 341
    Same here. I stopped collecting when I was around 13 and went back at it when I was 17 after seeing ebay and all the awesome prices cards sell for.

If it wasn't for ebay, I wouldn't have gone back to collecting. image
  • sry to here ya go
    my site
    CU Refs- Fuzz86, Duncangalx2, lafrentz06, playr050, ahares, battier, PunKrocKtrojaN, SpeedMaster x2, Magic1fan, Beave2, Patman2011, pugsley, lilgotz1, netfan5, gmac, felix76, nismo68, xxchamp34xx, kbryant1, dmiles89, ladude465, zbarr23, PHil2347, judgement, panthersfan, tomkat, kobecollector, ljmaya, jimjoe
  • ranchranch Posts: 341

<< <i>sry to here ya go >>

sry to hear ya go

• << <i>I would like to get that Richardson Ovation warm up BV $15 lmk what you want for it.
    thanks.....Aaron >>

Make an offerimage

• << <i>sry to here ya go >>

I'll probably be back, buddyimage

• << <i>

<< <i>sry to here ya go >>

sry to hear ya go >>

Thanks for making my post a literacy postimage
  • It was a pain when I was younger too..my mom had to see everything I would buy off ebay, and wouldn't give me permission to buy things over $25..but now I have grown up and they dont care.

Lets Go Buffalo!

Seth's Cards

Trading/Buying all high end BILLS GU/Autos! ! !

• << <i>It was a pain when I was younger too..my mom had to see everything I would buy off ebay, and wouldn't give me permission to buy things over $25..but now I have grown up and they dont care. >>

Yeah, that's almost how it's like, but my mom doesn't look at the stuff I buy...I just have to ask but it is still a pain...
  • If thats what you think you want to do, box all your stuff up securely and put it a clean dry place, you may loose interest now but WHEN you regain that urge to trade again you won't have to start over. You will end up practically giving your stuff away at a fraction of its value. I have little clue why it bothers young people to tell the people that are providing the funds and means to get something, the circumstances of the acqusition.

Reading some of the statements, you should reacess why you collect cards, good prices on ebay is not a good reason to collect cards although it may inviting, you still have to acquire either the cards or the cash...

and a piece of old man advice, FREE, get your parent or guardian to collect WITH you, you will appreciate collecting and each other more and enjoy doing it, us older folk have lots of history and experience to draw from use um.........

• << <i>If thats what you think you want to do, box all your stuff up securely and put it a clean dry place, you may loose interest now but WHEN you regain that urge to trade again you won't have to start over. You will end up practically giving your stuff away at a fraction of its value. I have little clue why it bothers young people to tell the people that are providing the funds and means to get something, the circumstances of the acqusition.

Reading some of the statements, you should reacess why you collect cards, good prices on ebay is not a good reason to collect cards although it may inviting, you still have to acquire either the cards or the cash...

and a piece of old man advice, FREE, get your parent or guardian to collect WITH you, you will appreciate collecting and each other more and enjoy doing it, us older folk have lots of history and experience to draw from use um......... >>

LOL. Thanks for the advice but I am stickin to my decision for now. I know it is hard to understand, but it is kinda embarassing going up to your parents and asking permission.
  • This could be a forever conversation so I will make this the last response, "remember to stay within your own means", if your parents are your means, as much as it isn't pleasant sometimes, you have to stay within their guidelines/rules. I don't need to know, but, if you don't know why they require you to ask permission, you should ask them... my kids money tree got chopped down several times and since they have move into there own homes they can't seem to get one to grow in their yard........GOOD Luck
  • My son CJ & I have had a blast collecting together.While you might not like asking permission to get something you want; guess what, I the dad don't like it sometimes when we have reached our card collecting buying limit for the month.
    It doesn't matter how old you are,you have to set limits on how much you can spend on this hobby.It's called money management
    which anyone out on thier own can tell you all about.
    I would do what Ted suggested;stash what you have away in a dry safe place.When you get ready to get back to collecting you'll have some really nice stuff to trade with.
    In the meantime,make a deal with your dad.You can spend your time looking for that 86-87 Fleer BB set & if you find it you get the card of your choice out of it! Good luck;stop by & say hi now & then.
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.

• << <i>My son CJ & I have had a blast collecting together.While you might not like asking permission to get something you want; guess what, I the dad don't like it sometimes when we have reached our card collecting buying limit for the month.
    It doesn't matter how old you are,you have to set limits on how much you can spend on this hobby.It's called money management
    which anyone out on thier own can tell you all about.
    I would do what Ted suggested;stash what you have away in a dry safe place.When you get ready to get back to collecting you'll have some really nice stuff to trade with.
    In the meantime,make a deal with your dad.You can spend your time looking for that 86-87 Fleer BB set & if you find it you get the card of your choice out of it! Good luck;stop by & say hi now & then. >>

Thanks for the adviceimage I'll stop all the timeimage
  • kr580kr580 Posts: 4,420 ✭✭

<< <i>If it wasn't for ebay, I wouldn't have gone back to collecting. image >>

pffft.... awhile ago you said you don't collect... just changed ya mind?
    I'll miss you J image

• << <i>I'll miss you J image

image >>

<< <i>XBOX is better than PS2 >>

AMEN image

• << <i>

<< <i>XBOX is better than PS2 >>

AMEN image >>

He he heimage