Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

do they always send mail when sealed with tape?(regular white envelope with 3 cards inside)

This is the second time that I put tape around the back to keep it sealed and both times, people didn't get their cards....anyone know what happened?
www.Thylenol.coms.ph

trade refs on CU: Udwashington,cardjunkie3, chipperedredwolf,rbarra, big shane,dmiles89

Lookin for garnett,tmac,and especially Olajuwon gu/auto or rcs. will trade up to 1.5 book for olajuwon SOMETIMES

Comments

• i do it all the time and it works and saves time and $$$
  • As long as it's not covering the stamps. Scotch tape comes off. Don't use crayons to write the address though.
  • I believe it has to be clear tape.
  • yeah, its clear tape....I only cover the back so i thought it would be fine. About 1 and a half months ago, i sent first and the person never recieved my cards and 2 weeks ago I sent cards to someone who bought from me and he hasnt recieved the cards, when i sent his cards i also sent 3 other packages and they got there. All But the ones with tape got to the places.
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

trade refs on CU: Udwashington,cardjunkie3, chipperedredwolf,rbarra, big shane,dmiles89

Lookin for garnett,tmac,and especially Olajuwon gu/auto or rcs. will trade up to 1.5 book for olajuwon SOMETIMES
  • It also helps to put the package in that "one-legged box" at the end of your driveway.
  • no, i sent through the post office.
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• I always use tape no matter what the deal is...I've never had any trouble.
    60+ sucessful trades on here.
  • i wonder what happend then, 2 times!. I know they aren't lying to me.
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• I've never had any problems with my deliveries, all of my padded envelopes get tape and I use the 2" tape so it has to be cut out of the package! I think you are looking for a sorry way out of not sending! LMAO

2001 Leaf Certified FF #ed/400 and the RC Auto'ed /150
    2001 SPA Gold RC #ed/100
    2002 SPA RC Auto's #ed/1150
    2002 SPx RC Auto'ed /999

My Tradepage

REF: Hondo, vittleboy, vinsanity,Speedmaster
  • not sending. is that a joke?
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• NO! But you guys that have every excuse in the book for why a card did not get there is a BIGASS JOKE! LMFAO

2001 SPA Gold RC #ed/100
    2002 SPx RC Auto'ed /999

My Tradepage

• omg! why would I like about sending when I was the one who sent first. If you noticed the 2 garnetts and 3 tmacs and some other cards are off my tradelist because I sent them. I, really have no reason not to send. The most recent time. I sold 3 cards and sent the cards, I even told him id send late......so, if i lied then thats fraud but I didnt. Either way Im goin to the post office to see what happened tomorrow.
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• no, reply bird....i want to know what u tryn to say..........
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• No reply yet! LOL I was not on line to reply right away, sorry. Hey if you send confirmed then you should be able to find it, if not you can say anything at all, do you agree? I am not trying to say anything at all, just have heard it all before pal!

<< <i>are you allowed to seal envelopes with tape when sending? >>

Come on give me a brake! To post something like this you must be a moron? It comes off as you are trying to prove to someone you send there cards, You know looking for someone else to say , yeah I have that same problem!

But you will not!

I'm not saying you did not send him/her there cards, I am saying this post is as dumb as (Brees9, HeaveyD) saying he did not rip anyone off off but he is ready to make good! Get my point?

LOL

2001 SPA Gold RC #ed/100
    2002 SPx RC Auto'ed /999

My Tradepage

• SlipKnot515SlipKnot515 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭
    I KNOW it's ok to do, because on more than one occasion, the person at the post office has added tape to my envelopes themselves...
  • why would I try to prove that I send to someone. One person is sunking which only hangs around fleer bullpen and the other is someone who hangs around TR. None are registered at CU......There is no point to be proven, I know what you are talking about blackbird but there is no reason to tell me that on my post. I mean, My cards were lost when I sent first and what am i going to do, make him send his card? Im just lucky it was only about $120 worth of cards....On the second occasion, Someone on TR bought from me, I sent the same day as 3 other ppl and he was the only not yet to recieve. The only reason I post this was because 1) 2 people havent recieved their cards in over 2 weeks, and in both times I sent more than one package and they were to only ones not to recieve. and 2) I wanted to make sure before I go to the post office. Nobody has ever had a problem with me on this board or tr so their was no reason to accuse me of anything you are trying to say I did....I mean, I spent money sending over 20 free cards...thats 20+ different envelopes, why cant i send 2 more. Dam, im gettin pissed and I dont even know why I am trying to prove a pointimage
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• thank you to all who responded with something positive to say and those who pm'd me with information. I dont know if it matters but in both times I sent, they were in reg white mailing envelopes, the reson I had to tape was because there were 3-4 cards in each and it wouldn't seal itself. I dont know if that matters.
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph

• Next time don't use regular envelopes. If you are stupid to put 4 cards in one and they are in top loaders, then you deserved to have the machine at the post office destroy your package. They don't like you to even send one that way, because they send all the regular letters through a machine and it sometimes causes problems with only one card inside. Maybe your package will turn up all torn to pieces with a little note saying "sorry" Most likely it got trashed during the process.
  • This subject comes up from time to time.ANYONE who trades cards
    on here PLEASE do everyone you trade with a very SIMPLE favor.
    NEVER send any card in a regular envelope even with tape on it;clear,scotch,masking or any other kind of tape.
    There has been more lost,damaged,missent cards on this one thing more than anything else.Also,you will avoid some very upset people
    whether you send 1st or at the same time.
    You can get bubble mailers on ebay for dirt cheap or at your local office supply store.I know some of you are young & don't have alot of extra money but this is one thing you want to invest in to avoid major hassles down the road.
    It will also show other traders that you care about the cards getting to them in great shape.We tell anyone who trades with us NOT to send anything in an regular envelope to us.In my past worklife,I worked at the post office running a canceling machine & believe me,I saw alot of sportscards meet thier demise when they went thru that high speed canceler.
    Oh & by the way,we didn't stop to pick them up either;they just laid there & were walked on until all the mail was worked & then the janitor staff swept them up & took them to the "dead letter office".Every post office has one where they try to salvage these damaged goods,with very little success.Hope this helps! USE BUBBLE MAILERS PLEASE!
    Bob & CJ
    Dad & Son

! ! UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ! !
    ! ! Greatest Country on Earth ! !
    ! ! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE ! !

WANTS:Nicer Cal Ripken Inserts.
    Also want RCs of current Football-Hockey future stars.

Bobstarvet@aol.com

References:We have traded with many traders on this forum.We can provide list on request.
  • Plain & simple...

Padded "Priority" envelope with DELIVERY CONFIRMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can give them the numbers ahead of time so they know for sure it was sent. A little more money, but WORTH EVERY PENNY!! Nobody can call you a liar.
  • cards should ALWAYS be sent in a bubble mailer...most every trader I have seen who uses regular envelopes has at some point or another had this same problem...The PO is never too kind to reg envelopes and who knows what happens when the are fed through the sorting machine
    ref:samsgirl214,Baird34,sportsguy247,jrccrum,ahares,Chayne2,Hondo
    Taylor28jag,mikefromchester ,sjrpipm,Mars2001,naturlbrntrder,Hitechkoolaid
    Dallas822 ,KFC,Bjork73,joestalin,dirtmonkey,Bobstar,Euphoria18,Injun01,Dewey
    PSASPORTS,Co1lector,pacmanssportscards,Brettnc5,Tmac21,Brave,PunKrocKtrojaN,
    TrFstPtch
  • there is a guy on the newsgroups that sells bubble envelopes 100 for $16 plus $5 for shipping. I buy from him all the time. The price is better than 6 for $3 at Walmart.
    The only thing you can`t get rid of by losing it, is your temper!!! Heres an idea, if everyone would mind their own business we would all get along better!!!!
  • This guy on ebay always has his auctions going and is dirt cheap. $4.49 for 50 bubble mailers is a great price. I have been buying from him for a few years not and the mailers are good. Give them a try.

ebay link to bubble mailers
    Steve
  • Subject: PADDED BUBBLE MAILERS FOR SHIPPING
    Date: 03/03/2003 7:13 AM Eastern Standard Time
    Message-id: <20030303071334.03545.00000313@mb-fr.aol.com>

I have bubble mailers for sale. They are new and self-sealing.
    They will be shipped the next day after payment received when you pay via
    a money order. If you choose to pay with a credit card, the envelopes will by
    shipped the same day. The link for credit cards is below. They are...

4X8 $0.16.ea
    6X10 $0.23.ea
    PLUS SHIPPING

I accept credit cards using PayPal.
    Paypal.com,
    fast free, and secure
    The only thing you can`t get rid of by losing it, is your temper!!! Heres an idea, if everyone would mind their own business we would all get along better!!!!
  • thanks guys, I use to always use bubble mailers untill i ran out. I bought paid 3$ for every 5 and bought 20. After I ran out, I started using reg envelopes. this is the 2nd time to happen.....nobody is calling me a liar because I know they trust that I sent. I will probably ask him to choose other cards i haveimage
    www.Thylenol.coms.ph