Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Repunched S on a EISENHOWER 1972 BLUE PACK

It in a blue pack. It set up so the last punch is towards the slighty northeast of the orignal one. Anybody hear of this. Sorry there is no way I can get a pic of this. I tried for almost an hour. So any information on this would be appricated.

Ok I looked at all of the blue packs I have and both of the 1972 have the same repunched mint mark .

Byron
Im unemployed again after 1.5 years with Kittyhawk they let me go. image

My first YOU SUCK on May 6 2005

Comments

• Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    Many come with machine doubling. There are also RPMs.

There are so many varieties for Ike dollars that it would be impossible to tell which one just from a description.
  • Options
    The only place there is any type of doubling be it machine or rpm, is on the mint mark. It is very easy to see in a 10x loop. Both of the 1972S have the same direction of repunch( ill call it that at this point till I find out better)

Byron

• Options
    The only repunched mintmark that I am aware of in the whole Ike series is on a 74-S clad proof.

More likely some sort of doubling, but you never know. It's not a well-researched series. The Authoritative Reference on Eisenhower Dollars (Wexler et al) has a bunch of varieties listed, you might pick up a copy if you're interested in varieties.
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭
    The CONECA files only list a single RPM for the series. It is a 1971-S.

WH
  • Options
    TTT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file