Home U.S. Coin Forum

Do you live in a country other than the US?

Just curious. If you read (lurk) or read and post here, and live outside the US, let us know where you live and what you collect or deal in.

Thanks!

adrian

Comments

• braddickbraddick Posts: 22,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm 50 miles from the international boarder and if you don't speak Spanish around here you're half the time served AW Rootbeer when you asked for a Diet Pepsi.

Does that count?

peacockcoins

• gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    That can't count. I live 150 miles from that same border and the same thing is true here. imageimageimage
  • Little remote village of Cubero...... And I collect Franklins and Proof Wheat cents...
  • Cool!!!!!! (Where is Cubero?)
  • A little Mexican village....
  • Yes, Kent, WA... as far away from the United States as you can get. (if you're headed LEFT)
  • I live in Germany, my sig line says it all. I will pick up other US coins as I find them if they are "steals."
    Mark
  • Adrian,
    Yes I live in a very foreign, liberal country run by an idiot named Gray Davis. It is called California. We have the death penalty here but we don't enforce it due to unlimited appeals. We have over 600 inmates on death row who will all die of old age at the taxpayer's expense of about $70,000 per inmate per year. (Compared to 30-35k to house your average wife-beater or child molester). Despite all this, we have a very strong economy and we rank about 7th as a country in the world. The good news is our real estate just keeps going up, up, up and an average shmuck like me can make $100k per condo or home in just a few years, or in some cases, a few months. Not as lucrative as PI lawyering maybe, but a lot more popular! Someday maybe I will leave my beloved birth country of California, and perhaps move to Texas or Florida (where the death penalty MEANS something) but that will be hard, because once you leave, most cannot afford to come back. (Besides, the women are the MOST BEAUTIFUL here, bar none!)
    Joe
  • I'm an Army guy currently stationed in Korea. I've only been collecting for 2 months now, so I'm focusing on modern US and World Proof sets until I get a little smarter at grading.
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I live in the state of confusion!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• << <i>Adrian,
    (Besides, the women are the MOST BEAUTIFUL here, bar none!)Joe >>

I'll agree with THAT!!!! Altho New York runs a very close second.
    Twowood
  • I used to, but we moved from Miami to Orlando a couple years ago!

As a side note: I was born in Italy, while my father (Danglen) was in the navy.
  • I lived in Singapore year round until 2001 - now I split time between Singapore and a farm in rural New England. I've been here (NE) a lot more than planned lately for family reasons.

My 2 addresses are about as opposite as you can get in a whole host of ways -

Singapore
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to agree with JLW on the foreign country of California. I live there too, I think it's time for a "Conservatives for California" revolution. We need to take the state back.
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• I live on a island/peninsula off North Carolina called the Outer Banks which is about as far away from California and Kent, WA as one could get and still be in the Continental US. Does that count???
  • I know of a Cubero, New Mexico... is there one in Mexico?

-Dave
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    You might catch more fish with this net over on the Dark Side, Adrian. Some of our "furriners" collect US coins, but they see it as part of their Dark Side!image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • I live in the Republic of Massachewzits...AKA...... Taxachewzits where our elder senator(Teddy) has a brother on the 50 cent piece....We also may have the next Prez as a senator(Kerry) if Bush doesn't straighten things out!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file