Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Lots of triple doubles and close to t-d.

Latrell had a Triple Double. Jason Terry had a triple double. T-Mac was 2 boards shy of a triple double. Ray Allen should get a triple double by the end of tonight. Garnett was 1 assist short of a triple double. Walker was 1 ast shy of a triple double. Mashburn 2 ast 1 board shy of a triple double. plus 2 games still under way. What a night for the stars

Comments

• Options
    The triple double is highly overrated. You see guys who have triple doubles on something like 4 of 17 shooting with seven turnovers, Did that player even have a good game if he has ten boards, ten assists and ten points? What if he averages 25 points and his team loses by twenty? I'll take a twenty twenty game anytime. There are more triple doubles than twenty rebound games. Jason Terry having one is news though. I'm surprised his teamates made enough shots to get him ten assists, and he's what 6'2'? So ten boards is an accomplishment. The ten points is no big deal. Any NBA starter who plays 30 minutes (except Ben Wallace, he doesn't need to score) should get ten points.
  • Options
    keith, a triple double shows the player is very versatile...say 10 points, 10 rebs, and 10 assists...hes scoring some points to help the team, grabbing nice rebound, and also giving it to his teammates to score. i agree that the stat is overrated, however it does show the players productivity.
  • Options
    i agree with Brett . It does show a players versatility and when you think about it, how many times can you say a guy had a " bad game " when accomplisihing a tripple double ??
  • Options
    Read my example. Steve Francis had 33 points, 9 boards, and 9 assists the other day with only two turnovers and over 50% shooting. Is ten-ten-ten with 5 turnovers and 4 for 17 shooting a better game because its a triple double? I've seen guys knocking their teammates off the ball in a game thats decided by twenty because they need 2 rebounds in the last minute for that precious triple-doub. Its the Bill Jamesing of sports. Stats=espn facetime= fat check. Just a rant. I love this game. Its beats heck out of that game with the funny shaped ball and the hard salary cap. And the game where George Steinbrenner and Bud Selig run things with help from that genius Jerry Reinsdorf? Please... NBA action is fantastic, but season stats show an all around game, not single game. But then, what do I know. I once played a two hour game to determine who was the worst one on one player alive. Nobody could get to 21, and we really were trying to score, just both had the shooting touch of Kim Hughes in a strong wind.
  • Options
    i understand your point and im not saying having a tripple double is the ONLY way to have played a " good game " im just saying that you don't see tripple doubles everyday and they USUALLY equate to a player having a nice all around game
  • Options
    and Keith i find it hard to believe your that bad in b-ball image