Home PSA Set Registry Forum

NonSport Cards Information

I would like to learn more about vintage non-sport cards. What are all of your suggestions for good websites, price guides and reading material? Thank you!

Comments

• I would subscribe to The Wrapper. Contains lots of ads and articles. The price guides that are available are not accurate. There is one in particular that you will want to get that provides great information on the sets and that is The Sport Americana Price Guide To The Non-Sports Cards by Christopher Benjamin.

Greg
    Bottom of The Ninth
    ebay id grays
    Visit my site at http://www.botn.com
  • I'm glad to see any posts on non-sports cards here on the registry. I love them personally. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big baseball fan and at one time I had loads of cards. I've only recently started collecting cards again. I'm working on '75 Topps baseball as a passing effort but I really want to put together a Mars Attacks set. Those are expensive cards even in the 6 and 7 range.

Does anyone else out there collect non-sports issues? If so, what? I check the registry fairly frequently for new sets listed.
    Working on 1962 mid grade Mars Attacks.
  • yep, I have a set or two that I am working on.

Be sure it's the "Wrapper" that you subscribe to, and not "The Rapper", unless you like articles on the "Hip Hop scene", and the best time to do a drive-by, etc.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • MintstateMintstate Posts: 254 ✭✭

<< <i> I really want to put together a Mars Attacks set. Those are expensive cards even in the 6 and 7 range.
    >>

I sold a PSA 8 Mars Attacks checklist on ebay a few months ago. It sold for $2550 !! image

Richard

• << <i>I really want to put together a Mars Attacks set. Those are expensive cards even in the 6 and 7 range.

Does anyone else out there collect non-sports issues? >>

Hi Zeppo, I am going to be selling my Mars Attacks set that is mostly made up of 6's & 7's. Contact me if you are interested or anybody else for that matter. I am new to this posting thing and love it already.

My Mars Attacks set
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Love the Non-Sports scene. Working on Crockett Green and Orange, Civil War News and Mars Attacks. Bought a bunch of Mars Attacks from Richard who has two fantastic Mars sets on the registry. He's a great seller. Couldn't afford his PSA Mars Checklist though.image
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
    Thanks Frank! image
    Too bad that PSA 8 (oc) #1 card you bought from me is only treated as a PSA 6 on the registry. There is no way that 8oc is comparable to a 6.

Richard

• << <i>yep, I have a set or two that I am working on.

Be sure it's the "Wrapper" that you subscribe to, and not "The Rapper", unless you like articles on the "Hip Hop scene", and the best time to do a drive-by,

Hey,that's funny! How many Chicken cards did you pull for "9"'s out of my hoard???

• The borders on lot 540 look a little suspicious too.
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Seeing a rare non-sports thread makes me want to ask if anyone here has cards from the T53 and T73 sets? Cowboy and Indian Life sets.

PLMK

spacktrack
  • MintState, I believe I bought a card from you a few weeks ago. I didn't realize you were on the boards. I don't recall which card it was off the top of my head but I do remember you were one that had excellent packaging. It was appreciated. Thanks. I also watched I amazement the checklist card go for $2550!!! Were you anticipating that? I wonder what a 9 or 10 would go for? I bet Matronet would shell out some serious cash to keep his set at the highest possible rating.

SplendidSplinter, I could not at this time make you any kind of fair offer on the whole set. I may be interested in some of the 6's. Let me know what you would want for the 6's and below.

Does Sport Americana still publish the Non-Sport Price Guide?

Working on 1962 mid grade Mars Attacks.

<< <i> I also watched I amazement the checklist card go for $2550!!! Were you anticipating that?

Does Sport Americana still publish the Non-Sport Price Guide? >>

It caught me by surprise. I was expecting to get maybe $1200. When it hit $1800 with a half hour to go, I thought sure everyone would drop out.

I think the Sports America guides are out of print. I found the 1930-1960 edition, but could never get the later one. Non-Sport Update Magazine has a price guide. It's pretty weak on info though.

Richard
  • The non-sports area is getting really hot and growing. I am eye ball deep in a Registry set of 1962 Topps Civil War News. The art work on these is fantastic!! I am hoping to find some others around here to acquire some very high-end cards from. I now understand what others here have been going through and this collecting being a sickness and obsessive........................but it sure is fun!!! Anyone who has this type of material to sell please let me know......interested in any of these cards at PSA 8 or better. I will help where I can.

I wish best of luck to all in there obsessions
    Looking for well centered 1962 Topps Civil War News in PSA 8 or better! Thanks, KRS