Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Off Topic....Just got my "Power Seller" icon

I promise to not act like other "Power Sellers", I will post feedback on every transactionimage

Ignore my cow auctions, I had several hundred in my retail store, couldn't give them away at $14.95, now on ebay there $50 to $75, go figure.
" I hoard coins, that's what I do, it's my nature"

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    eBay has been sending me the invite about once a week. I just sh!tcan it with the rest of the spam. Congratulations, though.image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>not gaudy like a lot of the newer cows. >>

I bid on this one, but all I did was bump the price up for you. Maybe I'll have to settle for one of the gaudy cows.image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Hey, I just looked at your auctions. Those cows are pretty cool! They're all retired, though. No jobs available for them?image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I have a question.. if you know you are going to be out of town until March 7, why did you schedule three day auctions on Feb 26 that end on March 1? That is a recipe for disaster on eBay.
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    Me too. However, I'm going to choose to have the PS icon not displayed. I don't want to turn off buyers, but the PS membership might actually help get my emails answered.
  • Options
    I'm not a seller but am curious as to what it takes to become a power seller. Do you have to sell a certain amount of stuff or is it your feedback?

Thanks

Chris
    "The last thing we want to see is a smoking gun. A gun smokes after it's been fired…. If someone waits for a smoking gun, it's certain we will have waited too long."
  • Options
    I'm actually taking the inventory with me on the trip and will mail it off from Longbeach. This was a total mistake, got my dates mixed up so Im doing the right thing, a little more hassle but its my fault.
    " I hoard coins, that's what I do, it's my nature"

The sales threshhold is $1K a month for bronze, $2K a month for silver and $3K a month for gold. I think you also have to have a minimum feedback of 100 (not sure on that) and a specific percentage of positive. The only reason they keep sending it to me is that when I sold off my 2nd Kennedy set I went above the threshhold.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    98% positive feedback.

The selling totals are averages for 3 months. So you have to sell $3K over a 3 month period.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    So how do you determine the relative rarity between the rare Chinese Cow and the common Dating Cow?
    Do you really live in a Safe Deposit Box?
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    I just became a pwoer seller, too. They'll be taking it away from me next month, probably. Got it because I sold a few pricey coins recently.
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    Actually, per the eBay website:

"There are now five levels to aspire to within the new and improved PowerSeller Program. Each requires a seller to meet and maintain a preset level of average gross monthly sales for the past three months of selling activity:

Bronze $1,000
    Silver $3,000
    Gold $10,000
    Platinum $25,000
    Titanium $150,000"

WH

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file