Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Very Unusual Color On A Gsa CC Morgan????

stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
You think it's original or ???? It actually has more blue and decent luster.

Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Original, bag toned. No question.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Very unusual looking Morg.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Looks original but you dont see many morgans that are that much of one color like the sea green in this case. Pretty coin!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its an impressive coin and looks to be original bag toning...what does the reverse look like?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Here is the rev. It's in a Gsa holder, got it from Gsaguy at the LB show. An unusual color on a gsa cc Morgan.
    Pretty clean too, probably a 65 shot 66. Scans aren't great but it's what I have. Thanks
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Looks like a solid 65. I played with the obverse in my image editor, I see a little too much chatter to go 66. Regardless, a nice bag toned example in a nice grade, definitely a keeper.
  • Options
    CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    stman...yes it appears to have come out of a bag. it looks natural, and original.image
  • Options
    Kgag, thanks, Me being an old time grumpy tech grader I feel a 65+ but have seen worse in 66 holders.
    And what I see in 65 holders is awful most of the time. But this will stay in it's original holder of course.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MS66 is a possibility. It is nice. I would leave it in the GSA holder, but it is tempting to submit. It looks that attractive

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    stman I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I saw a video one time and the expert said that if it was the same color inside the devices as it was on top of the devices it was AT so you should quickly return it to swimmer or easyman or whoever you got this blatant AT thing from.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Dog, You think maybe?

Edit to add image I just love that thing.
  • Options
    ok - have seen (and have bought and sold) similar in GSA cases
    redhott
  • Options
    oops wrong thread.
  • Options
    That's really cool stman. Most GSA Morgans that I have ever seen are baggy white coins that are probably MS 62 - MS 63 or so. NGC will grade a GSA Morgan and leave it in the holder. They just put a certified wrapper around the holder. It's kind of cool. If you ever decided you wanted it certified.
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    STMAN,

Thanks for posting that pic even though it makes my seller's remorse even worse.

Speaking of, you need to inform the forum members of my lifetime (mine of course) buyback offer as long as the coin is still in the original GSA holder.image

GSAGUY

P.S. For the record, the color is much deeper (richer) than depicted in the scan. I graded the coin a 66 overall with the added eye appeal of the color. STMAN graded it a technical MS65 and I couldn't disagree at all.
  • Options
    Gsaguy, yeah I know a scan doesn't capture the true coin. Mine does pretty good if I take more time with it. And yes Gsaguy must really love this coin because he offered a 100% buyback on this coin, and it wasn't cheap either. Now if this buyback offer came from a stranger at a show I'd say "yeah right" but I know if I wanted to sell it back to this seller it would take a quick note and it would be a "DONE DEALimage

I still haven't gotten over your collection. I wrote about it in the Thursday at LB thread. Those 78cc Morgans is what I most enjoyed, but all of them have the pop to them. Again, it was a pleasure to meet you and thanks for the time spent showing me your class A coins and the conversation.
  • Options
    gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    As usual, when meeting forum members, the pleasure was all mine STMAN.

GSAGUY

P.S. Are you tired of her yet? I'm ready if you are.image
  • Options
    I've seen this coin and it is spectacular, the scan Stman put up is nothing compared to this coin in person. But coming from GSAGUY, it wouldn't be anything less. To any and all Board members, if you ever have the chance to meet GSAGUY @ a show, ask to see his private collection. I've seen other dealers brought to their knees in its prescence. Just absolutely perfect coins. And the greatest part, they aren't slabbed, don't need to be, he keeps them in capitol plastic holders which just makes them even more impressive.

Not to mention, he's a class guy all around. Thanks for the help and advice this show!

Michael

PS Stman -- where did you go, I turned around to say goodbye and you were gone. It was a pleasure meeting you and thanks for bringing along your coins. Congrats on the CC, its just beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file