Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Completely Broken Holder

Today I received a coupld cards in the mail. The package was marked fragile on the outside of it. All though it was plaingly marked the package made it to me with one of the sides half ripped open.

2 of the cards were still in decent shape. The 3rd one the holder was in TWO PIECES, the card was loose, and the PSA label was missing. What wonderful service from the postal service.

Does anyone know how long insurance claims take to be processed thru the post office??

Sorry for rehashing this topic again, I see it was listed before. But I jus needed to vent.

Rob

Comments

• Probably not worth the insurance claim unless they were high dollar cards. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Slightly along the same lines, I have received several packages (3 that I can think of) over the past year or so via USPS that have been soaked in liquids that have obviously leaked from other packages (usually smells good - like perfume or body lotion). Luckily, nothing has been damaged, but I would hate to see my nice lot of raw cards arrive soaked in some sort of hand cream. image Has anyone else had this happen?

JEB.
  • Well, I am not going to let them off the hook for a low pop $300 card.
  • I would like some insight into this process as well - from the seller end and the purchaser's end. If anyone can detail the process, it would be most appreciated.
  • What was the card?
  • The process!!!

Bring the broken card to your post office. Your P.O. will fill out a (damaged in shipping) form. You will hopefully be able to prove the value of the damaged card (receipt from seller) endofauction from ebay. In my case I know all the people in my P.O. (small town). The lady at the P.O. filled out the form, I signed it, she signed it. The card along with the bubble mailer was sent back to the seller. My P.O. lady put it into a new mailer, addressed it and sent it back.

The seller received the card, didn't open it and brought it to his P.O. The sellers P.O. filled out another form, he signed it and in about 4-6 weeks sent him a check for the value of the card. He sent me the amount I paid as soon as he received the card back.

I had done business with this person many times prior to this problem. He was very good about a refund. I hope your seller will be as understanding...

Good luck robr1967!
    John
    --------------------------------
    1961 topps 100%