Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA 7 1971 Topps Commons

Recently, I have been getting outbid on a number of PSA 7 commons on eBay (typically low series). My bids have ranged as high as $7.00 (I know, large amounts of cash!). On the one hand, it is good to see what appears to me to be some price movement. On the other hand, it is making it tougher for me to get cards I need in budget. I may have to go the altnerative route and pick up raw cards I need and send them in for grading. The last route (which can sometimes be a little more expensive) is nonetheless more fun to me and rewarding. If I can hit an 8 on a few cards here and there, and avoid anything below a 7, I feel as if I "know" what I am doing.

In any event, I will prod along on my set. I figure I will have my PSA 1971 Topps set finished about by 2035 at the rate I am going.

Comments

• Options
    Mefer,I have quite a few PSA 7 71's, alot of them are low-pops and real nice. I sent them all in looking for PSA 8's. I usually break them out and resend but the cost effective specials have run out. Give me a email at Nuyauwka@aol.com, maybe I have a few you need.
    If it's worth doing..It's worth overdoing!!
  • Options
    Mefer- Be patient and stay the course. Right now 71 is a very competitive and collected year. You might need to raise your level on 7's to $8 or $9, but you should be able to score many 7's at the $7 level. Also look into buying a lot of 7's. Some dealers occasionally lump 30-100 7's and sell them as one lot. Also contact some of the 71 guys on these boards (Zardoz, AndieHaley, and Bill's 401 k) are all active 71 guys and usually have cards for sale or trade. Lastly, you can email me at FFMAZZ@AOL.COM. I have about 50-75 PSA 7's available.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    I've noticed the same thing with individual commons recently selling on eBay for well over $7 each. As a seller, though, I had quite a difficult time selling my extras. I recently listed a lot of 100 psa 7's which included team cards, checklists, HOFers, and several high series cards for $700.00 but got no takers. I did alot of leg work and finally found a buyer but I had no idea it would be so hard. I realize that people expect bulk discounts but with individual cards selling so high lately I thought I was offering a bulk discount.
    I guess I'm trying to say that deals can still be found but they seem to be getting harder and harder to find. I would agree that a good bet would be to contact other Set Registry members. I've found out that people there really are sincere about trying to help you out in any way they can and you avoid getting caught-up in those awful bidding wars.
    I still have a couple of 7's left including #709 Baylor/Baker rookie so contact me if you'd like and I'll try to help you out.

Bill
    wkoughan@gisco.net

Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    Bill and all:

Thank you. Bill, I believe I bought some 7s from you in the past. For all of you reading this, shoot me an e-mail at mefer1917@cs.com with your list of 7s with prices. I thank you for your support!