Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

When is PCGS going to add Bust Halves to the Registry? Anyone else have an interest?

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
I for one would like to see this. I would like to see the basic year set not the hundreds of varieties.

Anyone else interested?

Jon

Comments

• Options
    STOCKFORDSTOCKFORD Posts: 1,328 ✭✭
    yes I am interested because that means they would
    have to have the seated halves as well
    they would be neat to see also
    LOOKING FOR FULL STEP JEFFERSON NICKELS PCGS OR NGC
  • Options
    NysotoNysoto Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bust half registry by year and the overdates, not by variety, could be interesting. I know there are some bust half collectors who desire to have a year and overdate set in AU-MS, without regard to die variety.

Most serious bust half collectors would not have an interest, they collect by die marriage and most of their busties are raw. You can still purchase a nice VF bust half for $50-$60, paying more to have it slabbed may not be worth it. Also, the lettered edge is obscured by the slab, they often have interesting errors - spelling errors, double and triple lettering, flip over double lettering, etc.

I have a nice collection of draped bust halves, 1801 - 1807, many XF-AU in PCGS, NGC, and ANACS. I would have an interest in placing some of them on a "early half dollar" registry if it existed, to share my coins with others.

Robert Scot: Engraving Liberty - biography of US Mint's first chief engraver
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    I love bust coinage! I'd love to see a MS65+ set of bust halves.

I hope if someone does list one they include images. It's a must!
    Dan
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Jon,

I'd like to see both the basic and varieties set. But as Nysoto stated, I believe the varieties set would be raw. Or at least in a mixed slab set.
    Dan