Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Please Help (ebay info hijacked??)

Guys,

I know most of you might think this is the wrong place but I need some desperate help...

Most of you know I help out a gent under excuzme auctions...The problem were having
is his ebay password is changed....After viewing his emails he received one from ebay customer
support telling him he needs to update his info with a link you punch the link 10 days later it
comes up as 404 error...Now I would never submit this info yet he is new to the tech era...

It looks like to me this has been created to steal his info now his password is changed and we
cannot access his account...

Anyone else have this problem...

Thanks in advance, Matt

Comments

• Matt,

I had a similar problem -- but, it was an AOL scam. They asked my wife to enter information for a free gift, which she did...and then her account went dead. She called and they had suspended the account because it had sent 30,000 emails in the last 2 minutes -- so someone highjacked her account to send spam.

I would contact eBAY ASAP -- it takes a while to find the info...I think it is buried in services somewhere. They are pretty quick.

Scott
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • go to "services" in eBAY...under safe harbor, there is a link to fraud protection...go from there.
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • No doubt about it your buddie has been had. Contact Safe Harbour on E-Bay and get their help. If he's givena credit cards info also, he could be in deep doo doo, and needs to keep a VERY close eye on his account. Best off to repoort the theft of info to the credit cards company NOW, and get a new card number ASAP - before they drop a $2,000 bil on his head.

Also, the same dirt-balls do the same scam with PayPal customers. He should be ready to see one of those Emails cross his screen in the near future.
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• Hey thanks, yes indeed Jeff talking to him is like trying to find out who to contact
    at safe harbor...Luckily I found it in time I think only thing that made me notice is
    I listed over 100 items only to find them as error on auction watch...Then strolling
    over to his house he shows me the email...I tell him to cancel his card asap only to
    have him tell me I'm full of it....So I've done what I can do....I hope he cancelled his
    card...

Thanks again, Matt
  • Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I received the same e-mail your friend did. The e-mail contained an identical eBay logo and layout asking for your password to make some sort of update. I actually fell for it and entered my password. I then thought about it for a minute and changed my password immediately. It was a pretty good scam, it really looked like an e-mail from eBay.

Erik
    1972 Topps Baseball PSA 8 or higher/1978 Topps Baseball PSA 9 or higher.
  • That same thing happened to my wife's account about 3 weeks ago. She receives an e-mail from Ebay stating her password has been changed and now she can not access her account. The frustrating part is we have yet to get ANY help from safeharbour or anything else from Ebay. We have sent numerous emails and not one reply!! Fortunetly for us, we just happened to change bank accounts about 4 days prior to this happening. If you get any where with this please let me know what you did, thanks
    Looking for Gerard Warren, Dallas Cowboy GUAutos, 1968 Baseball PSA 8 or higher
    1993 Bowman PSA 8 or higher
    1981 Topps Baseball PSA 8 or higher
  • Matt guess who sent me an update email this morning - yep your same scam artists. I promptly deleted it, but they are obviously mass mailing e-bay users to try and get info - AGAIN
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage