Options

State Quarters Poll

Are you building a state quarter set?
My posts viewed image times
since 8/1/6

Comments

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they would make a nice set but, I prefer collecting designes no longer minted. The two series that I think are the nicest designes are the mercury dime and walking liberty half dollar.

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    my proof reg set will be up with Honeycuts when my pr70dcam comes in
    from long beach next week...then ill be on hunt for next 70 image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    I'm collecting a Denver set of business strikes as I find them in pocket change.

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I'm putting together a whitman folder of MS coins purchased at face value. The sad part is that the 2001 coins in my folder are nicer that the ones in my mint set.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Pat

The 1999 2000 2001 2002 State Quarters are no longer being minted. Do they count? image
    FORMER # 1 NOW # 3 ON ALL TIME FINEST CLAD QUARTER COLLECTION

PCGS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Ed
  • Options
    I am collecting them in Eagles Albums which allows me to keep both MS, Proof and Silver Proofs in an Album while they are still in their Mint Packaging.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprising voting. 29 to one are collecting them.

I'm primarily collecting them just from "pocket change". I try to get the
    best available from the bank to keep my "from circulation" quarter set up
    to date. I do keep my eyes open for nice gem MS coins to set aside, but
    am having extremely limited success finding them. It's always been difficult
    to find a source of nice gem clads, but most years there would be at least
    a few rolls to be set aside. It may just be poor luck, but the only gem states
    coins I've seen around here were the Virginia issue and by the time I tracked
    them back to the source they were out. There were a few Tennessee Denvers
    also, but they weren't quite as nice and was only able to get one roll. There
    have been a few showing up in the mint sets (especially 2002), but these are
    expensive and rarely seen in quantity.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Just got aPr70 from Mitch in Long Beach---a "sister" coin to the one Pontiacinf alluded to above. I brought mine home with me, so I've already joined Honeycutt---we'll see bill there soon I expect.

I bailed out of the MS state quarter race. It was getting too expensive to be competitive in too many places, so all my mint state activities ended in favor of concentrating on proofs (at least for the time being).

Pete
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭
    Just collecting them in the proof sets each year, seems to be about July each year when any of the new ones show up down here.
    imageimage

• Options
    I'm collecting these for my children. They love them.
    For me-collecting coins for fun.For my children-their future.
  • Options
    I have an ICG Silver PR70 set(99,00,01,02). I decided on ICG when I compared the PCGS PR69, NGC PR69 and ICG PR70 1999 sets the ICG PR70's looked as good if not better that the others and for the money they were and still are a good deal. Lets face it the craftsmanship is not there on any of these coins. I am more disappointed every time a new coin comes out, you see the approved artist rendition and the mints idea of ehat it should look like, what a shame looks like two different coins.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I am building a set of PR69DCAM. I started with the silver coins only and added the clad coins. This year I will probably only do the silver--we'll see. I am also considering selling off the clads.

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I have an Intercept Shield album for them.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    I only have one, for my Type Set. I am helping my Mom build a set. I bought her an Intercept Shield album.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    I have a MS Registry # 7 and also a Proof PR69DCAM to date. I have not entered the Proof Registery because I only have 69's no 70's. Tompkins ( Pete ) is right about it getting to be expensive to be competitive.. Ed ( MS67PLUS ) has the coin I need, but can't bring myself to jump on it.

I now have to make a decision ????