Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

New Thread name....Its now the "Merc Set sdrawkcaB Thread".

Just put all of my late date dimes up for sale on the BST board.

A decision was made to get the early dates to a place where I like all that are owned. This is going to take great will power on my part as I can hardly pass on any Merc reguardless of its date.

Anyway thats the decision and I will try like heck to stick to it. Only exception is if I find some Killer Toned late date dimes. As usual I had to have a qualifier with this decision. image

Ken

Comments

• I sure hope the best for you, and I too, have thought about the same thing, just with a different twist...but I will think on it a little longer. Good luck!
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ken,

I hate to see anyone in the registry sell off all or part of their collection, but I know that you have thought this through and have a "plan". I personally think you should have held on to some of the tougher 30's dimes, but then again, they are the ones that will bring in the bucks to buy those early dimes you want. Good luck! Since you are selling, I've sent you a PM of the items I am interested in. I mean, if you are going to sell them, might as well keep them in our little Merc family!

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Good Luck Ken, its gonna be a hell of a set when you get it finished.

Walt image
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fooey I've already fell one spot and just barely hanging on before falling again. These Guys have not given passing signals either. Whats Up with that ? I mean Rules are Rules. image

BTW if I do not get one Dime in the Heritage Auction this time I'll be Torked Out of Shape For Sure. image A early date I've been after. Nothing big but just one I want.

Ken
    Just went over to the Heritage Site and into the My Heritage feature to check prices. Wanted to do this to be fair with everyone that might buy some of the dimes from me. Well half of the Dimes are no longer priced and a bunch of the others have been raised in price. Just maybe the Mercs are finally starting to be recognized as being worth some money. Thats my take on this anyway.

Might have put the Screws to myself for not checking earlier. Oh well that what this guy from the sticks of Oregon gets. Win some Lose some. Fooey again.

Ken
    Fooey for a third time..... just fell another spot to John.

Ken
  • I'm truly sorry Ken, but you'll be back past me soon enough. Punching the gas pedal while I can. John V
    Merc collector.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ken,

I don't think they have to signal if you are backing up!?! It's actually probably like backing up on an interstate. Dangerous and illegal(sp).

Just kidding. But do be careful going backwards.

Jon
    Jon,

ROTFLMAOWTIME! (Rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off with tears in my eyes)
    Regards,

Wayne

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

remumc,

Just some coin humor. Hope you didn't hurt yourself rolling around.

Jon
    Hmmm..... Jon you are correct. Sorry Guys I forgot to give the BackUp Signal. Chastise me ...I deserve it for utter disreguard of the Merc Registry Rules. No, You are not getting one of My early dates for this blantant infraction. Do Not even think about that. image

neK gniog sdrawkcab..... image
    doog noic romuh .... at that I must say !!!!!image Even if somethings are backwards.

Ken
  • DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Ken,

Have you estimated where you will land when you are done moving in reverse? And then the updates will move you back up quickly. I see this as a temporary slide.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
    Hey Ken,

Or anyone, when do the Mercs come up on the Heritage sale at Long Beach?

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

• The merc start in the 7pm pst tonight
    but will be toward the end.
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • The merc I'm bidding on is tonight at 7 pm

Walt image
  • All of you.....slowly.....step awaaaay from the Mercurys......image
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...
  • P.S. Ford Guy....are you bringing that car down to Hot August Nights?
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...