Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Ohh so mad at Heritage!!

I listed a cherry PCGS MS66RD 1939 DDO for the Long beach Heritage sale. They messed up and put the coin in the error section and not in the lincoln cent section, on top of that I just noticed that the POP numbers they quote are for the 1939 Lincoln in general. I had PCGS do a database query and its a POP 3 coin and it a POP 3 coin at NGC as well. The 3 PCGS coins (all made by me) are MS66RD and only 2 of the coins at NGC are MSRD, 1 in 65 and 1 in 67. Yet if you look at the auction you would think that there are over 1000 at PCGS in the same grade and 636 at NGC in the same grade with 500+ higher. ARRRG. What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a bummer. Sounds like "We don't care. We don't have to..." type thinking to me.
    Since the coin wasn't marketed in it's best light, which I'd assume is part of their job, I'd say "re-list it" if it doesn't make an agreed minimum. (and cut their percentage!)
    Beware: they usually have a "bad cop" to take the heat for "no action taken".
  • Options
    Call them and have it changed....
    But then again, after my last, and I MEAN LAST dealing with them, they were assured that no more business would come from me...and since I am allowed an opinion...that is mine...NO MORE BUSINESS!
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    But then again, after my last, and I MEAN LAST dealing with them

amen, brother!
  • Options
    About two years ago they butchered my sale of rainbow toned morgans. their auctions are good for buying but not for selling. cheers, alan mendelson
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    Make 'em do it right or fire 'em, it is not like they are doing charity work. You are paying for a service and you should get what you want!

• Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    Call them and put a high reserve on it (for no commission if it doesn't sell). If it doesn't meet the reserve, have them re-list it for an upcomming auction.
  • Options
    Call them and put a high reserve on it (for no commission if it doesn't sell). If it doesn't meet the reserve, have them re-list it for an upcomming auction

Don't have them relist...have them send the coin back to you and find someone who knows what they are doing!!!!!
  • Options

I agree. If Heritage screwed up the listing you should not be the one penalized!
  • Options
    just a thought, but do you think that just maybe the evil empire™ had an eye on it for themselves and were hoping for a lazy consignor?