Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1975 Topps BB Unopened Material??

Does anyone know of anywhere I could possibly pick up a 1975 Topps BB Regular Unopened Wax Box or Vending Box?

I think I have decided to make a jump into the 1975 Set, and wouldn't mind getting a good start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanx
Rob Ruth

Comments

• The prices seem high, but here is one.

JEB.
  • Wow, thanks.

And yes, I think that is a bit high as well.

Many Thanx
    Rob Ruth
  • There's a couple of unopened packs and a complete NM/MT set here. Again, prices are a bit high. I'll keep looking though.

Ebay currently doesn't have any that I could find.

JEB.
  • If you might happen to turn something up that is reasonable here is my email address.

rruth@comcast.net

Many Thanx
    Rob Ruth
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had too much experience with 1975's but I bought a vending box once and the quality wasn't that great. I only got 2 9's out of the whole box. I don't know if that is normal, but for the $900 I paid for the box, I was expecting a little better. I think the best quality is from the rack packs. Wax packs have wax and gum stains.
  • mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    robr> As someone who's pretty much built this set in graded form, here are some things to consider -

1) For 75T, the prices on unopened material seldom make it economically practical to go that route. With unopened stuff, the price you pay per submittable card is quite high.
    2) There's good quantities of submittable raw cards available. If you go to any of the major shows you can pick up nice stuff to submit.
    3) If you're looking for PSA8s, then it's a total buyer's market right now. You can pick up a very good percentage of the set in PSA8 holders for quite reasonable.

That said, you should enjoy the 75 set. It's an interesting challenge and quite a fun set.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.