Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I wonder if George Brett also played soccer??

These look rather familiar, no?

Comments

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    What's the deal with the Topps Vault? They have had some interesting sports items mixed in with Garbage Pail Kids original artwork. I wonder what exactly is in the vaults at Topps. More 1952 packs or sheets? Intersting test sheets from the sixties?
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Oh, weird. I used to have one of those British soccer cards. I'm pretty sure it was that Clyde player, third row, third from the right. I probably haven't seen or thought of it in 25 years, but I remember puzzling over it for a long time, and keeping it with my 75 Baseball cards, thinking it was some bizarre error and that the guy's name was Clyde, despite the name printed at the bottom. Great, that's more stuff I must have.

Topps Vault has had some very cool stuff, but I keep missing it. I'm hopnig to find a Bake McBride card contract or original proof or something eventually.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    Helionaut,

Your Bake McBride comment made me remember this item that I received several years ago:

I don't remember who sent it to me. It has a copyright on the back dated 1975. Anyone know what it is? I have 2 more of them - Tim Foli and Pete Rose.

JEB.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Some kind of postcard, but I don't think I've seen one like it. I have a Bake 1976 or 1977 St. Louis team issue postcard, but it's a photo, not a drawing. But that's what I'd guess. Wanna get rid of it?
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    Helionaut,

What do you collect? Do you have a Bake McBride/Cardinals/Phillies collection? I was going to hang on to it, but if you really want it ....

Turn on your PM or email me: Virtualizard

JEB.