Home Autographs Forum
Options

FDR Picture autographed

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any thoughts out there as to what an FDR autographed photo may bring? It is probably from late 1932 or early 1933. The picture is good size... perhaps 10x13.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Done with an autopen? Just learned about that

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    That was back before autopens. Then you had to worry about their secretaries signing stuff for them. That happened a lot. If the photo as a provenance, is inscribed to an individual, etc, that can all effect the value. Just off the top of the head I would say atleast a few hundred, but it could be more, much more. I'll pull out some of my old catalogues to see what they bring. (if you are still going to check on this thread!)
  • Options
    Thanks for your efforts. I can tell you this with absolute certainty... it is not a secretarial signature. The photo and signature is from either December of 1932 or even January of 1933 before he was inaugurated in March. The B&W (alittle off white) photo is slightly larger than a standard 8x10. Hope the additional comments help and again, thanks for the help.

• Options
    Haven't been able to find any signed photos yet, but I have found 2 documents, 1 @$4000.00 and the other @ $1200.00. I'll keep looking. Makes me think I was wrong about the price I thought a photo would bring. I'll be happy to post links to those listings if you want. Let you know what else I find.
  • Options
    The letter for $4k must be a decent item. I don't think a link is really necessary but thanks. Any additional comments would be appreciated. Thanks again

• Options
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.