Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What does UPGRADED mean in Registry?

I noticed in a couple of Set Registries, there is a notation of UPGRADED next to some cards. What does this mean? To my knowledge the options are:

NEW = New card added to Registry
UPDATED = Card updated such as picture uploaded
UPGRADED=image?

Does it mean the owner replaced the card with a higher graded card?
Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better

Comments

• Options
    Upgrade means the owner upgraded the card, for example when a Walter Payton Psa-8 is replaced with a Psa-9 you will see "upgrade" next to the corresponding card.

Mike
  • Options
    sometimes i see "updated" next to a set and i dont see any of the cards being updated. does adding a scan constitute updating? this has been bothering me for awhile now
  • Options
    I may be wrong, but what I've noticed is that when I add a card, I get the Updated tag....if I add a scan of a card....I get nothing
    1963 TOPPS~ SayitaintsoJoe's Fresh from the pack Screamers~ All pictured in living color

"There's no crying in baseball card set building."
  • Options
    But it means you got rid of that skanky PSA 5 and put a sweet looking PSA 10 in its place.

I got the updated tag whether I added a picture or changed a card.
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• Options
    ok thanks for clarifying
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    <<sometimes i see "updated" next to a set and i dont see any of the cards being updated. does adding a scan constitute updating? this has been bothering me for awhile now >>

Could be a card was deleted.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Gang: Pretty sure "updated" also happens when a card is replaced by an identical graded card (putting in a nicer version but same grade, different serial #) or a lower graded version of the card.

E
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

<< <i>sometimes i see "updated" next to a set and i dont see any of the cards being updated. >>

It can also mean that the owner of the set has changed his "owner's comments" section. It will also show updated if a person changes email address, or decides to hide or unhide his set.

Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    "Upgraded" means that you've been accepted into the highly regarded and very secretive society at PSA. Few ever achieve this status. image

JEB.
  • Options
    I think they should all just say "updated". I've got some 9's stronger than 10's and 8's stronger than 9's etc. "Upgraded" really is subjective....no one could argue they've been "updated", however. I've been talking to my psychiatrist about this for weeks...it still wakes me in the night...can someone please stop the madness???

Creeper,
    C'mon...UPGRADED=image?
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Phil check out 4015961 i got a 9 on the rice!and yes i am an eric dickerson fan. when are you going to add some more pics to your 77 set?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Straw,
    Yipee!!!!image
    Good for you...doesn't that feel great! I'll add more pics this spring. I have to travel to my in-laws (never fun) to use a scanner and my set-up. Check out 764184 and 764185. New additions to the Apostle family image The best of the lot will go in on the next special (if there is one). There must be a dozen legitimate 10 candidates in there. Again, great job on the Rice...do you have Lynn in a strong 9? Have a great weekend all!
    dgf
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    phil,
    i don't have a lynn in a solid 9. do you?don't tell me because i will end up bugging you for itimage. back to the rice on the sgc pop report it says 2. there is a set registered on sgc that has one so that would make 3 no?if your interested in selling any doubles in 77 let me know. i would definitly be interested in the hr ldr card.
    i need a couple of subs like that man. i am just about out of raw singles to send in but won 13 sgc 96's that hopefully some are worthy of a cross. i need 26 cards to get me to 50 % of the set in 9/10. i have about 20 8's that wouldn't look out of place in a 9 holder so maybe a little surgery is in order.

john
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658