Home PSA Set Registry Forum

set divisors

I just upgraded a card in my 1956 baseball set and came across a problem. After completing the edit and hitting the continue bar, the numbers that came up were: 5262/657 = 8.0091*** ( 8.01 rounded off).

When I went back to registration main page for 1956, it states under the description that the divisor for the set is 646.

So I clicked on set composition and added all the weights for the 342 cards in the set and came up with 655???

Before I emailed BJ I figured I would ask the board members. Can anyone help explain this?

There are no variations that I have been told about.
building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9

Comments

• I just checked this set's divisor and you are correct. If the grade weights listed on the set compositions are correct, the divisor should be 657.

If you're interested, I keep PSA Set Registry Spreadsheets for all of my PSA sets. I haven't attempted to collect this one yet, but I updated my site that has all of these spreadsheets to include the '56 set. If anyone else would like other sets, let me know. I'd be happy to add them.

I'd let PSA know about the error. I would, but I don't know anything about this set - maybe I'm missing something?

JEB.
  • BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    I haven't been on the boards lately, so I just noticed your message. You are not going crazy. Our spreadsheet for the '56T set was missing the two checklists! I have corrected the divisor.

Please, anytime you see something like this email me directly. I want the registry to be as accurate as possible. Thanks!
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • BJ, thanks for your reply. The reason I posted on the message board first was to make sure the error wasn't with me...as I know you guys at PSA have your hands full.

building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭
    Scoop-
    Great job with the different spread sheets. I would love to see one on the 1934 Batter Up set if it is not too much trouble. I just started the set about 6 months ago and I could use this handy tool.
    Thanks-
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases

I don't know that Scoop can make changes to my spreadsheet site without knowing my password, so I did it instead. image

Your request has been fulfilled:

Set Registry Spreadsheets

As with the others, please check to make sure I haven't made any mistakes and let me know if you find any.

Any more requests?

Enjoy.

JEB.

• If anyone is interested, I've added the '52 Topps Baseball, '57 Topps Baseball, & the Baseball HOF Player Set to my Set Registry Spreadsheets.

I will continue to add more as they are requested.

JEB.