Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thank You ASWIMMER!!!

It appears that the auction that aswimmer was running has been canceled by him! This is a very good starting point! Hopefully he has decided to prove most of our members wrong and in a way I hope he does. Myself included! I think he has taken the first step to clearing his name! We'll see! I know that he has been reading all of these post and would like to hear his opinion now that the auction is over! What are his plans! Will you send the coin in to be authenicated! I'm sure that there are members that would help you take this course if you so desired! Non Partial one's!image

Please prove us wrong ASWIMMER! You deserve the last laugh after going through this!!

My 2 Cents

Chris
"The last thing we want to see is a smoking gun. A gun smokes after it's been fired…. If someone waits for a smoking gun, it's certain we will have waited too long."

Comments

• CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    question????????? are you allowed to have more than one ebay id ? image
  • Yes, I believe you most certainly are allowed to have more than one id. As long as you don't interact with the two, I do not believe it is against the rules.
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    Wrong thread stujoe.image

GSAGUY
  • Hey, look up there! ^ He started it! image
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Chris,

I have posted on other thread my plans. Here they are:

1. I canceled all the auctions, even the ones I guaranteed since bidding was so sketchy do to the concern

2. I am sending the coins into one of the big two grading companies to see what happens

3. I will report back here when I get them back. If I am wrong and bodybags stsrt showing up faster than during the TET offensive then I will say so, but if it goes the other way and slabs abound, then I would hope to have you all chip in and pay for the Therapy sessions that the stress of these last two days caused me. I am joking about the therapy sessions.

4. I have sent out an email to winners telling them I am refunding their money or want to delay shipment and have them hold funds until this thing is resolved. They then can buy them back or pay if the coin is slabbed, at the price they won it at.

I think this should do it, and boy do I hope these come back slabbed.

Alan
    Alan Swimmer
  • CThomas

Now he's your bud after you trashed him in other threads?

My My........How the tides are turning.....
    Toast on
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Chris,

I have posted on other thread my plans. Here they are:

1. I canceled all the auctions, even the ones I guaranteed since bidding was so sketchy do to the concern

2. I am sending the coins into one of the big two grading companies to see what happens

3. I will report back here when I get them back. If I am wrong and bodybags stsrt showing up faster than during the TET offensive then I will say so, but if it goes the other way and slabs abound, then I would hope to have you all chip in and pay for the Therapy sessions that the stress of these last two days caused me. I am joking about the therapy sessions.

4. I have sent out an email to winners telling them I am refunding their money or want to delay shipment and have them hold funds until this thing is resolved. They then can buy them back or pay if the coin is slabbed, at the price they won it at.

I think this should do it, and boy do I hope these come back slabbed.

Alan >>

What about the chemicals? What plans do you have for them? Be certain to dispose of them properly.

Thanks, Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Leo,

I have not received the chemicals yet and they were shipped from the east on the 6th via parcel post so we should see them this week I would think and as I said they are not for me or any coin toning.

Alan
    Alan Swimmer
  • northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aswimmer - make sure you also send out to be slabbed the untoned Morgan of same date with the PL reverse that you bought from stringrayvetteman (who most interestingly seems to have had a history of bidding on a number of your prior auctions just as they were closing) so that we can all see the two side by side in their separate slabs! By the way did you ever post the requested photo of the "two" coins side by side with yesterday's newspaper date?
  • EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ASwimmer,

If you truly intend to submit your Morgans to a reputable service, I suggest ANACS. Their "express" service is much cheaper than PCGS's or NGC's, and they would also be able to discern A/T from natural toning. Moreover, they will even slab your A/T coins (noting it as such on the holder, and assigning it a net grade).

Also, the turn-around time would be much shorter with ANACS.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• RampageRampage Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say for those who thought Alan Swimmer had more than one eBay ID (one to buy with and one to sell with), he has bought from me in the past on eBay as the same ID he sells with. The transaction was a superb one with a quick payment, too. Thank you Alan.

Rampage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Now Rampage, if you can't level a few negative, nasty allegations toward ASwimmer, then you should just keep your sorry comments to yourself. Gosh darn, if you can't call him a few ugly names, then your comments are not welcome here. Please don't visit this Forum unless you are ready to carry a bucket full of tar, as we plan an official Forum tar-n-feathering. You can at least carry the hammer and nails for the official Forum crucifixion. image
  • ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding ebay id's ...ebay has stated that many members have 3+ id's
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>official Forum tar-n-feathering >>

I love it. We need a tee shirt showing a guy covered with feathers, saying "I got mine at the CU Forum". image
    I'll take one in XXXL and wear it as a toga. image
    Ya think we could also get an XL for the kid? Maybe it could say "My daddy got tar-n-feathered at the CU Forum, and all I got was this lousy tee shirt". image
  • Not a good idea...Someone will complain that the tar doesn't look natural, that it was applied in some sort of hasty, sloppy way, and that any moron could spot it from a mile away.

Just shoot the stupid b@stard and lets be done with it.

Oh God...I think I'm getting drunk with power again.........
    dwood

"France said this week they need more evidence to convince them Saddam is a threat. Yeah, last time France asked for more evidence it came rollin thru Paris with a German Flag on it." -Dave Letterman
    I believe that a proper tar-n-feathering leaves absolutely no (visual) sign of tar. just mho. image
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the best way to remove tar from a Tee-shirt is to rub an ice cube against it first. The tar will then harden and is easier (like bubblegum) to peel off the fabric.

Then again, you were'nt really asking that, were you?

peacockcoins

I'll remember that, the next time I get tar-n-T-shirted. image
  • dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    Earth calling dwood........come in dwood.......new development in the aswimmer saga........where are you dwood.......dwood.......dwood???????
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Some participants in this thread sure look stupid right about now.

Russ, NCNE
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang

You mean I missed out on another chance to look stupid?

I'm going to have to watch more carefully.image
    Larry

• islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    I apologize for being a little slow and this thread has me scratching my head.
    Aswimmer are you admitting to ATing coins or denying it?
    YCCTidewater.com
  • AndroidAndroid Posts: 726
    Islemangu, This thread dates back to February. Someone TT'd it to refresh our memories of Aswimmer's original appearance here.

Andy image
    We are finite beings, limited in all our powers, and, hence, our conclusions are not only relative, but they should ever be held subject to correction. Positive assurance is unattainable. The dogmatist is the only one who claims to possess absolute certainty.

First POTD 9/19/05!!

• flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Earth calling dwood........come in dwood.......new development in the aswimmer saga........where are you dwood.......dwood.......dwood??????? >>

What new development? Do tell...

<< <i>What new development? Do tell... >>

Flaminio,

He's referring to this thread.

The doctor's little "guarantee" turns out to be the crap most knew it was.

Russ, NCNE
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Some participants in this thread sure look stupid right about now. >>

whew! 1 place less where i look stupid!

K S
    Karl,

You never look stupid. You are a numismatic genius; the paradigm against which all others are measured.

BTW, soon I'll have a new image of a much much bigger pile of broken plastic for your viewing pleasure.

Russ, NCNE
  • gsaguygsaguy Posts: 2,425
    And speaking of dwood, what ever happened to cointoast?

GSAGUY
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Karl, You never look stupid. You are a numismatic genius; the paradigm against which all others are measured. >>

russ, you want something, dontcha? heh heh heh...

<< <i>BTW, soon I'll have a new image of a much much bigger pile of broken plastic for your viewing pleasure. >>

WHOOOOOOOOOOO-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

K S
  • DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭

<< <i>Now Rampage, if you can't level a few negative, nasty allegations toward ASwimmer, then you should just keep your sorry comments to yourself. Gosh darn, if you can't call him a few ugly names, then your comments are not welcome here. Please don't visit this Forum unless you are ready to carry a bucket full of tar, as we plan an official Forum tar-n-feathering. You can at least carry the hammer and nails for the official Forum crucifixion. image >>

Look everyone! This is what Russ would call "defending the fraud". Hardly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file