Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

WIWAG Response

When I got the WIWAG e-mail about the possible fraud situation, I was like most, unable to easily remember what I might have bought from them. I checked about 600 feedbacks I got on ebay and found one from WIWAG, no amount or item description and of course the item info is no longer available from the ebay database. I replied to the e-mail asking if they could provide a list of cards I bought,.... and in only about four days they responded with full detail.

I got one lot consisting of five CSA gem 10 1992 Stad Club RCs of Shawn Green. I have since sold three of them, and now have kept the best two at a realized cost of less than $ 3 each. Mr Green has since set the record for total bases in a game and tied the HR record also. While I am a bit happy with the results, I wonder why they responded with non- PSA information ? Hope it's just a standard search and any company / type of cards show up, not only PSA. While CSA is not a 'back-alley" outfit, a substitute/switch in their slabs is probably not worth the effort.

Has anyone else got responses from WIWAG, any drastic "overgrades" seen ???
This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.

Comments

• Options
    I only won one auction from WIWAG... But if you read the email you may have received a card altered by WIWAg from another seller. Which is how I got a lot of mine....Out of over 1200 PSA cards I have about 50 that I feel are suspect ... Almost all my suspect cards are PSA 9's with a few PSA 8's and 2 PSA 7's.... I have called the FBI contact on Tuesday but have not heard back from her as of yet....
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    Maybe if WIWAG would tell us which cards they altered, instead of just providing a list of what one bought from them and leaving one to one's own devices in a ridiculously compressed time frame, I would have something good to say about them. I don't think either PSA or WIWAG (well, I guess considering the source, what would we expect from them anyhow) has handled this matter particularly well.
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    I would suspect that WIWAG keep more accurate records with regard to what they sold than to what they altered. Imagine someone havnig detailed records of all the fraud they committed? That's evidence right there. If they switched 100 cards and get 15 turned back in, then there is only proof of 15 frauds. If they switched 100 cards and 15 are turned in, but they documented the other 85, it becomes more serious for them.
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    I, for one, am getting a bit agitated. I have called FBI hotline 3X over last 3 weeks without a response. I am sure I've got a dozen (or more) transactions with WIWAG, but all over 1 year ago. Has anybody received a call back from the FBI witness assistant coordinator? This whole thing is nuts. The line where customers have 45 days to contact FBI to rectify claim seems fishy as I have been trying to reach them for 3 weeks now without a reply. I guess I must send a certified notarized letter that I exist and could've been defrauded. Anybody else getting the brush off?
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    Spacktrack, was being facetious about WIWAG telling us which cards they altered. My only point was that telling us which cards they sold us is essentially meaningless given the nature of the problem, the undisclosed dimensions of it, and the totally inadequate remedies established.
  • Options
    I can tell you, for the business I do, we really don't keep detailed records of who exactly bought what, outside of what auctionhelper.com keeps for a year.

So, in this case, if I bought items from WIWAG over a year ago, I couldn't tell you who bought them from me or anything...
    Why do I get the feeling, that some cards are worth money, while others are not?
  • Options
    I emailed them upon recieving their announcement
    and asked what I bought from them
    and about a week later I got a response
    with all details, cards, price paid, ebay #, etc.

My cards were fine, but they responeded well
    never the less.
    ~jeff
    imageimage
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    gcalex:

I figured a bit of facetiousness, but just wanted to make sure. Some of the crossovers that patrol this board courtesy of the BS&T Forum never cease to amaze me.

Now on with the regularly scheduled programming.

spacktrack
  • Options
    ejguru,

I called twice over the last 3 weeks! Nothing....The answering machine with a womans voice pronounced wiwag as weewag!
    I think writing is the best. I have 1 or 2 and the reason, someone correct me if I'm wrong, one of the 61's I won has a flip as clean and flat
    like it was graded last month. The problem is it's in a older slab. After a few years almost all of my flips are bowed to concave or convex.
    None are still flat. I won the 2 in question just before their problems started. #2 Maris in an 8 is one....

John