Home Q & A Forum
Options

Coin Doctors

Hi David; There is much discussion going on now about doctored coins, and how to stop it. For the most blatant coin doctors, who use the most harsh coin altering processes, for monetary gain, without concern of damaging a coin, have you come up with any sort of game plan??? Some people are saying coin doctoring is not that rampant and that PCGS will cover the ones that slip through. I personally do not like this passive "solution". I think it is safe to say that most people already know the names of the people, who excell at and practice coin doctoring. Is there a way PCGS, from their submitting records, can track the doctored coins back to these coin doctors and them refuse to accept future coins from them ??
Thanks & Regards
Paul Taylor

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Paul...Now that I am once again more involved with PCGS we will be looking at ways to make it even tougher for coin doctors. I have always been a big militant on this issue. There are many things we can do, including possible legal action. We have been battling the doctors for 17 years and I suspect we will keep battling them. Everyone loses when these guys ruin do their dirty work, and they are ruining some really nice coins too. Dealing with the doctoring problem is a major priority of mine...David