Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Help with another 1971 Kellogg's variation ?????

I noticed PSA just recognized a third variation of the Jim Fregosi card (Angels Crest) that card has the hit total as 1326. Does anyone know if there's an Angels Crest with hit total of 1327? Or do the variations stop there?
Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.

Comments

• KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    Galveston....

Here you go...

#64A...No 1970 date before the XOGRAPH...AND...Team logo is the Angels Crest.

#64B...No 1970 date before the XOGRAPH...AND...Logo is California state outline.

#64C...Dated 1970. 1970: hits 166, Avg. .276.

#64D...Dated 1970. 1970: hits 167, Avg. .278.

(Do I get paid by the hour for this, or just T&M...ha...)

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Larry, thanks.

So, it looks to me like the three variations will be all that PSA will recognize since they have already taken the stance not to recognize the 1970 copyright designation. Are you reading that the same way I do?
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    Galveston...

I don't think so...

PSA's job is to grade and authenticate sports cards. If there is a clear and distinct variation, PSA should grade it that way.

In the beginning (Registry), there were VERY few Kellogg's collectors, at least collectors that were willing to lay some cash down to have this cards graded. A mere handful of diehard K fans. Then more and more Kellogg's sets started showing up on the Registry. Then football and even 1991 and 1992 Kellogg's sets showed up...Now there are collectors wanting to complete their sets in higher grades (myself included) and the variation questions started to be discussed. The way I see it is that PSA would not only want to persue this reasoning, but needs to as well. I try to think of my collection as a life-long endevor.

To answer your question...I think PSA will grade in all 4 variations as the cards show up.

The registry is very young.......It won't be when I stop collecting Kellogg's cards. There will be additional holes to fill as time marches on...

Best of luck on your Kellogg's challenge!!!

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!