Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A message to everyone on the board

To weeks ago I was diagnosed with brain cancer. It is a very deep tumer tumor that is cancerous and inoperable. I have been given six to nine months of live providing the radation with treatment which I plan to take. I just wanted to thank all of you you who I have come to know. I still be reading the news on the board as long as I can. I also hope to be attending the national but that is long range right now. Right now that matter is in the Lord's hands. Again thanks to you all. You are great bunch of collectors and people.
I collect the 1960 and 1961 Nu Card issues. I also enjoy the 1959 Fleer Three Stooges.

Comments

• Options
    Phil

I am terribly sorry to hear this.

Our prayers and best wishes are with you

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    Sorry to hear that...all my best to you & yours. - SC
    Why do I get the feeling, that some cards are worth money, while others are not?
  • Options
    Wow!

What can I say but wish you all the best and that the treatment will give you the strength to make the National.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Paul
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    I'm am deeply sorry for you and your family Philabuster. Please let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.
  • Options
    Phil

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this trying and difficult time.

Billy
  • Options
    Phil,

I am very sorry to hear that. I hope that your treatment goes well and that we all get to meet you in AC this summer.

I'm sure you will be in everyone's thoughts and prayers this evening and in the future.

JEB.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Philabuster,

I do not know you but I'm sadden to hear this unfortunate news. I will keep you in my prayers.
    I hope the best for you and your family.

aconte
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Phil,

I will be thinking of you. Keep the faith and trust in your maker, as miracles can and DO happen.

My experiences concerning a very dear friend in your situation convinced me of this beyond any doubt.

BOTR Bill D.

• Options
    I will be remembering you in my prayers. As BOTR stated, miracles can happen!
  • Options
    Phil,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I would suggest that you maintain contact with your support networks including members of this board. Furthermore, I hope you continue to pursue your interests in this great hobby of ours. Strength can be derived from activities that you enjoy. I agree with both BOTR and ironranger in that miracles do indeed happen. We'll see you in Atlantic City this summer!

Sincerely,

Ron

Ron Sanders Jr.
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this about a fellow member/collector. Hope the treatments will keep you strong for a long time. Just to let youknow, a relative of mine was also diagnosed with cancer and was given 6 months to live. Ten YEARS have passed (with proper treatments and strict diet/health program), and he is still alive and with good strength.

Just hang in there and do not give up.

Regards,
    David Robinson graded cards wanted

Want/Trade List at http://www.freewebs.com/hobby-exchange/

Feedback at eBay's hobby-exchange
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Phil - Hang in there! All the best! ...jay
  • Options
    Phil...

Keep the faith...Keep the courage...Keep collecting....

We're all with you!!

My family will say an extra prayer tonight for a SPEEDY and safe recovery.

My best,

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Wow...I do not know what to say. Hang in there Phil...keep your head up...you and your family will be in my prayers.

John
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    we are all pulling for you Phil.
    Keep your spirits high and know
    that others in your predicament
    HAVE SUCCEEDED.go get 'em Phil
    and bring us HAPPY NEWS.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Phil,

I'm very sorry. All I can tell you is to trust in God for a miracle and stay positive. I'll be praying for you.
  • Options
    Phil

Keep the faith and I will pray for you your family.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    Phil, be prayerful and we WILL see you at the national. --Lloyd
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
    email
    Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay
  • Options
    Phil,

Let your beliefs, your loving family, the power of positive thought, and this network of friends raise you up. I share in the thoughts of your fellow collectors in a heart felt message of divine hope.

Each day is a blessing. Dwell on the positive. You will not only meet us all at the Nationals but far beyond into the future with HIS help.

Thinking Positve Thoughts for you now.
    Warm regards

RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Philabuster,

As other have stated - keep thinking positively, keep the faith and believe that miracles do happen. But, beyond that - don't stop researching your condition on your own! Get as many opinions as you can! Look into alternative medicine, experimental treatments and the best doctors you can find even if you have to travel out of the area.

We look forward to seeing you at the National!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Hi Phil,

I am very sorry to hear of your condition. I will keep you in my prayers. Thank you for sharing this with us, and I hope to see you in July.

Rob McBride
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Phil.

Sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you. Keep doing the things you love (collecting) and fight this as hard as you can!!!

Carlos
  • Options
    Phil.

Very sorry to hear about your condition. Stay strong and keep us informed when you can.

You will be in our prayers.

Rob...
    Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey
  • Options
    Phil,

I am very sorry to hear this. Think positively, you can fight this thing! I will always think of you when I see a nu-card, you are the Nu-Card King!

Alfred
  • Options
    Phil,

Let me add my best wishes and prayers to those of the others on this board. May you fight and overcome this condition knowing you are not alone.

todd
    Todd Schultz (taslegal@hotmail.com)
    ebay id: nolemmings
  • Options
    Phil,

I am so sorry to hear your news. Earlier this week a good friend of mine was told that her cancer was inoperatable and whe would ony be with us for 7-9 months. I've been doing a lot of thinking about that this week and I'm going to miss her tremendously as she is like a second mom to me. I am very thankful that I have these next few months with her. I don't know what the Lord's will is, but I will be praying for you every time that I pray for her. I wish you and your family the best.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options

Phil,

Although I haven't dealt with you,I am deeply saddened to hear of your situation.I would like to express my sincere best wishes and my family will say prayers for you daily.As others here have stated,miracles do happen.Stay strong,pray often and put yoursef in the Lord's hands.Stay in touch.

God Bless,

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    Phil,

Our prayers are with you. You have a lot of friends here.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My prayers are with you and your family.
  • Options
    I don't know you either, but I am here reading all of the posts with tears streaming down my face.

I too wish you the best and hope that with God's will and mysterious ways that our thoughts and prayers will be answered and that you will beat this dreaded disease.

My wife just went though breast cancer and is a survivor. My brother was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma (Stage 5) in 1994 and is still alive.

I can only say that I will pray for you as I have for Carlos Aponte. Both of you will now be in my daily thoughts and prayers as I kneel before the lord each night.

God Speed

Dale
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
    1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
    Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
    #15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
    #23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
  • Options
    Phil - I would like to echo the prayers of the others and wish you the best. The same to Carlos as well. My wife is in her fourth month of chemo treatment with surgery and radiation in the next few months. The main thing I have learned from this is how important friends are as well as who they really are. I have also found that in the past when I thought I knew what someone was going through I really didn't have a clue. Hope it all works out for best for you. Rick
    "I CAN'T COMPLAIN BUT SOMETIMES I STILL DO" - SMOKY JOE WALSH - - -
    Always looking for 53 Topps Baseball and "stuff"
  • Options
    Phil,

Although we have never met, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless
    Mike
    Always looking for 1952 Bowmans and 1953 Johnston Cookies PSA 8's and higher.
  • Options
    As I have read all these messages, I am amazed at the network of support and guys willing to pray and uplift someone they may or may not know!

Phil, prayer does work! Read James 5:14-15

My prayers are with you also!

Jeremy
    missinglinks

Currently working on:
    *1941 Double Play
    *500 Home Run Rookie Cards

Always Upgrading
    *1954 Dan Dee
    *1959 Fleer Three Stooges
  • Options
    Phil,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, be positive, there is someone out ther that can help you , keep on searching, as someone else stated, get a second and third opinion.
    If it's worth doing..It's worth overdoing!!
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    You and your family are in my thoughts are prayers.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options

I'm also very sorry to read your post!
    My prayers go out to you and your family.

John Linnens....

Phil:

I send you my best wishes and prayers -- may the next few months be close ones that you can spend with your family and friends. I'll be pulling for you. I've enjoyed everything you have offered to this Board and to the hobby at large. Keep on fighting!

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Phil, God Bless you and your family. My prayers are with you as well. Have fun at the National because I know you will make it!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    two words: LANCE ARMSTRONG. I don't know you either, but miracles CAN happen and you will be in my prayers as well. Seems like the power of prayer is on your side based on the support of this board alone. Best to you and stay strong and stay positive! It's time to fight!

Eric
  • Options
    Phil- I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Hang in there Phil!
  • Options
    Your all very kind in this special time of need. I do hope I can make the national and meet as many as you as possible. Thank you again.
    I collect the 1960 and 1961 Nu Card issues. I also enjoy the 1959 Fleer Three Stooges.
  • Options
    I am a little reluctant to bring this post back up, but I was thinking about Phil recently, and don't have any contact info on him. Does anyone know how he is doing, and if he will make it to Atlantic City.

Phil, if you are reading this, I know that many of us would like to have an update. Warmest wishes, Rob.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    god speed.
    hang in there. my best to you and yours during this trying time.
    fred
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Rob,
    About six weeks ago I bought a nu-card from Phil. He had spent the weekend in the Hospital and was so weak his wife sent me the card.
    I remember speaking with him about 2 months ago, Phil told me he had lost some range of motion in his arms.
    Phil's wife told me "things aren't going well for Phil".

If anyone wants to email him, prbmmore@lightbound.com

Johnimage

My Dad passed away a little under 10 years ago from a brain tumor. In the time between diagnosis and death (about 10 months) he was able to go to a baseball game with three generations of his family, meet his first grandchild, contribute an article to SABR and give the cancer the fight of its life.

My Dad loved baseball and everything about it. It enriched his life up to the last moments. His example gives me pause many times when I think life throws you curveballs.

I can see from your post and the responses that you have enriched your life with friends, family and faith.

Best of luck as you go forward with this challenge. My family's thoughts are with you and yours.

Ev.
    Call me crazy, but I collect 62 Topps BB.

eBay auctions