Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Who was it on here who was the big 77 topps collector?

I hate to just come out and ask like this, but I just got a nice submission back of '77s and was wondering if there was anything he needed. Got a nice gem 10 back in the lot. Order #8026865. Now, back to regular programming........

Comments

• Find, downgoesfrasier.

I used to collect 1977 and I like Red Sox cards, so if he doesn't want it, keep me in mind. image
  • dstudebadstudeba Posts: 215 ✭✭
    You might be talking about downgoesfrasier, here is his email: maysfan24@yahoo.com
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Nice invoice! The Spaceman in 10!

I collect some '77 Topps cards and I'm 6'2" and weigh 230 lbs. Is that big enough? image

I noticed your '77 Maximino Leon was graded mínimo by the graders. Tough break!
  • acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    I think VaYank is also someone to contact (although I believe his cards are mostly SGC)

Regards,

Alan
  • OK thanks, I dropped him a line. 'Preciate it.
  • I need a PSA 9 or 10 Follie Fingers #523 if you have one?

Mark
    info@RustyWilly.com
  • The Leon is the same size as a lot of the other 77s that I had left over from the racks that I broke out. Go figure. The "minimo" line was pretty good! image
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    purelypsa - drop me a PM or an email at NKane9@aol.com. I have a trade offer for you.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Dan -

Not sure you're showing interest in the Lee or not, but I figure I'll ask Downgoesfrazier to go through the lot and see if he might want anything. Sorry, but I'm inclined to help the big setbuilders first, then it's open to all. But you'd be right at the top of the list if I had a bunch of '68 you needed...image
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    purelyPSA,

I do collect '70s HOFs, rookies, and minors stars (and I would consider Lee a minor star), but I'll pass since I primarily go for 9's. Thanks for the heads up.
  • RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Steve is a great guy to deal with.

Might I add he's also an excellent judge of what and what not to submit.

I'm not surprised he wound up with another 10 AGAIN image but I'm shocked one of his cards was not holdered and the Winfield got a 5.image
  • Rob -

I just flat out didn't notice the Leon. Came straight from a rack, so I didn't bother to check sizing.

The Winfield is another matter. I had that card slated for submission about a year ago but noticed a very slight hairline crease on the back; I put it aside and forgot about it. Well, stupid me left it in the Card Saver I, and I found it again before the submission went in. I checked over and over but could find nothing that would stop it from getting a 9, so I sent it, thinking I had just misplaced it the first time...and got the 5 I deserved, because the hairline crease didn't magically disappear over a year's time. Oh well.

BTW, thanks for the plug, Rob. If anyone wants tips on how to be a truly class act in card collecting, drop Rob a line.image
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Good 77 submission. I got raped on my last 77 submission from a vending box I bought. I felt violated. LOL
  • PurelyPSA is first-class all the way. Fantastic, super smooth deal on some quality cards. Thanks again Steve!

• << <i>Nice invoice! The Spaceman in 10!

I collect some '77 Topps cards and I'm 6'2" and weigh 230 lbs. Is that big enough? image

I noticed your '77 Maximino Leon was graded mínimo by the graders. Tough break! >>

Sure! you can buy whatever you want from me for the prices you offer.really no problem bro!

• << <i>I hate to just come out and ask like this, but I just got a nice submission back of '77s and was wondering if there was anything he needed. Got a nice gem 10 back in the lot. Order #8026865. Now, back to regular programming

I too am interested in buying a dozen or so PSA -9's if you would?

Cardknowledge@earthlink.net

• I'd like to reciprocate - downgoesfrazier is a model buyer. Not one point of contention with the whole deal. A great guy. By all means, if you've got some NICE 77's, contact him first!
  • RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭
    Steve,I don't remember if I emailed you about the cards but the day after you told me they were shipped,I opened up the front door to the Mail man holding the box.We both scared the s*it out of eachoter.image

Anyhow,thank you for the recent contributions and the bonus Winfield.BTW- that card is the best looking 5 I've ever seen.Not horribly flawed other than the typical print dots, some chipping on the bottom and the only wrinkle I see is on the top right front corner.

• caramels,
    I don't know who or what you're addressing or what you're talking about. What do your posts refer to? Are you interested in purchasing cards or selling cards or neither? image