Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Frank Smith finishes '75 Topps Set

Congrats to Frank and his "Funky 75's". A staggering 8.66 GPA. Frank's an old-school corner, centering guy so you know these babies are sharp!!! To my knowledge he's the first to complete this at better than NM/MT grade--a remarkable feat. All hail the '75 Master. Nice job Frank--the memories are now at your fingertips...

Comments

• Options
    Hey Frank....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

I'll take your crumbs now that you'll be in an "upgrading" mode....

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Hey Frank!

Welcome to the high-end, multi-colored set "Franks Only" club! Great job!!!!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Congrats Frank!!! I know how much work you put into your set just to make sure every single 8 resembled a 9 - no sliders. What's your next main focus?

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Kudos Frank! That's a condition sensitive set and very tough to complete in high grade. Outstanding job!
  • Options
    Frank,
    Congrats on a great set.The 75 Topps is definitely one of the coolest sets around and tough with those colored borders.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    As someone who is slowly climbing through the 30% range on the 75s (and continually getting knocked down the list by new contenders), I am more impressed all the time with the people who actually complete sets this large. With such a high GPA, it's not just a matter of laying out cash, but a great combination of patience, luck, networking and cooperation. And cash.

I was wondering what Frank's last card needed was (the tough John Morlan), as he had been hanging out at 99.85% for a long time. Though I think someone else actually reached 100% before, IIRC, this is obviously a great achievement, greater because of the exceptional GPA. Good job!
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    Helionaut,

That's exactly correct. It's the GPA that's so stunning here and knowing Frank as I do--I guarantee that it will slowly creep upwards towards the 8.7 and above mark. A monumental accomplishment. Sure, the cash is essential, but all of the other things you mentioned take great attention to detail. Locating cards is the hard part...speaking of which...
    WHO JUST TURNED THE 1977 TIPPY MARTINEZ in PSA 10??? image
  • Options
    I'm guessing that's a 1978 all star game pic?
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • Options
    Galveston,

Here's a link to a previous thread with a lot of discussion about dgf's all star picture. Start reading about 6 or 7 posts into it.

JEB.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Frank's a great guy. I met him at the Chicago National where he bought many 1979 Topps PSA cards from me and he showed me his 1975 Topps Schmidt PSA 9 that he picked up there. It is a stunner, I put my scope up to it and it was gorgeous, I haven't seen a 1975 card that nice before.