Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

"Free Card of My Choice"

Anybody know why every scam auction on ebay includes a "free psa (or bgs) card of my choice?" does this somehow add an air of authenticity to things? or does it provide some legal protection to the seller (ie, i know that the '52 topps mantle graded 9.5 by XYZ grading, which is the most highly respected grading company here in Pago Pago, turns out to gave a couple of mis-spellings on the front, but that sure is a nice '75 Andy Etcheberren card!)???

Text
Got any PSA 9's from the '53 Bowman Color set?

Comments

• Options
    It's very simple they give you the free PSA graded (usually a worthless common) so they can put PSA in the title with out getting nailed by EBAY for Key word Spamming. BY putting PSa in the title they hope to get more people to look at the auction.....A very sleazy tactic...
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    Here are two other Sleazy Tactics used in one auction.

I don't know why sellers continue to do this. I don't even use "PSA" in my ebay searches because I occasionally buy nice looking SGC or GAI graded cards to cross over to PSA. This is a waste of time in my opinion.

JEB.