Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

cherrypicking finds. Coppercoins please look.

These are some of the coins I have found. Can anyone tell me what they are called. Or give me some idea if there is any interest in any of them. Or approximate value? There are 3 pages here please scroll down. thanks rick off center or missing clad layer bubbles mint clip? odd date odd metal rpm? 54proof dime four

Comments

• Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    I would call that baby a dateless off-center board strike about 30%

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    The off center cent is vintage late 80s, early 90s (1987-1992). Not a heck of a lot of value, but it's always interesting to try telling the date on a coin without a date.

The "bubbles" cent is a very common plating problem with the early zinc cents. They alleviated that problem for the better part around 1987, but there are more bubbled cents from 1982-1986 than ones without the bubbles.

The nickel and dime are completely outside my area. I dunno anything about them.

The 1929S cent does not appear to be an RPM. Sometimes machine doubling may only affect the mint mark because this is the only part of the design put on by hand, and sometimes the angle of attack when punching those is such that coins tend to get stuck in the mint mark on the die and get "scooted" out of the way by the feeder fingers while the coin is still stuck in the mint mark. I have seen a number of coins that show machine doubling in the mint mark and nowhere else.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file