Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

First complete CS 3 cent silver set

I finally completed my 3cs set with a purchase from the Kingswood auction. It was a 1872 AU58. I would like to upgrade both the 1869 and 1872 to MS grades.

This is one tough set to complete in CS.
Bill

My Other Hobby

Comments

• Options
    Bill,
    What a stellar accomplishment! hee, hee. Very nice other hobby also.
    Dick
  • Options
    Congratulations Bill. I'll bet most of those tiny silver coins tarnished and just weren't stored properly. I know I ruined one I had from when I was a kid image
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to Bill for a very nice set...if I remember correctly think I sold you 1 or 2 pcs of the set...I'll keep my eye open for you on the 1869...I have one in MS62 but at moment its not for sale....for you other folks Scarsdale Coin is probably one of the only dealers in the country doing this series...visit our web site at www.coinhelp.com we are also at major shows like the ANA
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    Bill-
    Congratulations!! You've assembled a truly amazing set of coins.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill,

Congratulations. That had to be one tough set to put together!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Congrats on the 1872.

I don't think collectors realize how hard these pieces are to find. Especially nice MS coins. The series is plagued with weak strikes and die clashing.

Look forward to seeing pics of the finished set.
    Dan
  • Options
    Nice job to complete the set. Congratulations! I had not realized when I got my 1872 3cs
    that the date was such a difficult date to find. (I have been collecting by year, not by the set.)
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.