Home PSA Set Registry Forum

CGS - A PRO crossover?

Another top-notch grading co. ....just what we need.

Check out the corners. The top left (as it is scanned) travels away from the holder! This must have come back in a PRO 9 holder and the disgruntled, disappointed submitter broke it out and sent to CGS.

CGS Gem Mint 10

This seller must be a CGS dealer (or owner)...he has hundreds of cards listed. Amazingly, he only has 14 negatives out of just over 1000 transactions...so I can only conclude that the buyers are uninformed, gamblers, or schemers.

Do you think if I break some of my PSA's out I could get 15's?
building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9

Comments

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Grading companies are worthless without published standards. They are trying to capitalize on other's successes by creating an inferior product to turn a quick buck.

Same old story. Is Zaggletooth grading around here?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Time out here!

As CEO and grand inquisitor/grader of ZAG grading, I made a full disclosure as to the shoddy, and inferior product that we put out into the marketplace. Our standards, or lack thereof, were published on this board, which frankly places us as a leader of fourth tier grading companies. We are the envy of every back alley operation in Calcutta and are the # 1 grading company in Bulgaria and Zaire.

Where else does a collector have an opportunity to have a private grading consultation with a professional behind closed doors for a mere $250 per half hour? "Grader" Tiffany, and "Grader "Angelique" will certainly do their best to ensure customer satisfaction.

Try and get that kind of service with your so called First Tier services!

THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Zardoz.............I would be interested in Tiffany (Maybe) Does her service offer a discount for a LARGE quanity??????????

Too funny
  • And don't forget the Zag 900 customer service number where you can speak to your grader LIVE while she describes the quality of you cards. Zag stands behind his product, and his graders...at least 2 to 3 times a day.
  • Hey Billy...

They might send yours back....(Min size Requirement).....

Great Post Z...

Larry.
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Scoop,

At least he has a decent scan on that one.

Check this one out!

This company is horrible! Their labels look like they were made on a photocopier. How do these companies keep appearing? Who is their target customer? Why am I wasting my time with this crap? ....

JEB.
  • I remembered a month or so ago someone mentioning about Ebay auctions on CSA cards, that the cards looked short in the holders . I happen to stumble accross the sellers auctions again this morning , the Pro 10 and 9.5 Mantles caught my attention. I decided to check his feedback and sure enough , in the last 6 months he has had atleast 5 negitives stating that the cards came back from another company trimmed. I just can't see the risk in purchasing Pro's and trying to cross them over, the risk for a total loss just seems to great.
    If it's worth doing..It's worth overdoing!!
  • Nuyauwka, I posted this 'tounge in cheek'.
    building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9