Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Just received my order. Here is the infamous flyer....

I just received my grading order back of vintage football. I also received the infamous flyer people are talking about. Here is a scan of it.

If your not in the Hall of Fame, You are not a Hall of Famer.
Always looking for PSA 8+ Rookies of NFL Hall of Famers

Comments

• Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Can't read the text on the scan, what does it say?
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    My take on this...

If PSA can generate extra revenue and keep the cost of grading down by putting this stuff in with the orders - more power to them. Mine got shredded along with the packing slips moments after the boxes were emptied.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Well considering they use the SAME stock photography and layout of Superior's full page SMR advertisments...Im sure they (World Wide Investments) and Superior are pretty much one in the same. I would think that they could of been a bit more creative in the flyer....IMO...a freelance graphic designer would be in order.

John
  • Options
    Ah, yes

My tirade from a few weeks ago.

At least I wasn't singled out to receive this fabulous opportunity.

John

Oh really?
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    So who's going to be the first to give 'em a call???
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that Worldwide and Superior have nothing whatsoever to do with each other. I believe that CU's marketing people have used the same artwork for two separate entities, resulting in the obvious confusion. I don't know a whole lot about Worldwide, but aren't they heavily involved in modern cards?
  • Options
    I found Worldwide on ebay and they have over 3000 feedback. All of the feedback I saw was for modern cards but I only checked a few.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options

Vargha and Zardoz:

So is World Wide part of the CU family or not ? I would hope so since they use the same advertising. If they are...I wonder why there is not a link anywhere for them on this site. Maybe they are the modern card equivilent of Superior....

John
  • Options
    The flyer states they buy anything, moder or vintage, no matter the grade.
    If your not in the Hall of Fame, You are not a Hall of Famer.
    Always looking for PSA 8+ Rookies of NFL Hall of Famers
  • Options
    Hey guys...I just received an email from Chris Porter regarding the flyer:

John -

There may be a little uncertainty about a flyer that PSA has been returning in packages, and I'd like to clear a little of it up if I can. Simply put, Superior has no idea who "World Wide Investments" is and had no knowledge whatsover of their existance until I saw a copy of the flyer myself. I saw on the CU Board that you had suggested the possibility that we are "one and the same", so I thought that this might clear things up. Best of luck in your collecting endeavors and I'd love to forward you a copy of our March 27th auction catalog if you're not already set to receive one.

Hobby Regards,

Chris Porter
    Superior

So I guess they are not connected. I do not understand why PSA would hand out flyers from a 3rd party company that uses the same advertising as another company in the CU family....thus confusing consumers (like myself).

John
  • Options
    Gee

I'm jealous!

You get a nice email from Chris (who's a classy guy)

I started this ball of wax rolling two weeks ago and merely heard the chirping of the crickets. I guess my mistake was not to intimate that this was part of some insidious CU conspiracy. I'll know better next time image

Actually, I would feel a bit better if it was a CU flyer. We fall back to my whoring theory. If I was a PSA dealer I would be insensed by this. Are they even Authorized PSA dealers to begin with?

Yeah, I'm bashing PSA on this cheap move. I don't think that is is right or fair as I outlined in my original post.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    Maybe I should call these guys and see how they can make me rich with all the Kellogg's cards I can supply them...

I can only guess that they have customers for the K stuff as far away as Japan, Asia, and points beyond.....

That will certainly be in order for "WORLD WIDE investments" ...Don't 'ya think???

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    LARRY - Remember to be real nice and cordial, then inquire what they will give for your 1,000 spare Kelloggs PSA cards...jay