Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Got to love this board...

When we can discuss Andy McGaffigan and Ray Jablonski on the same day. Can't think of too many cards more mass produced than a 1986 Topps common, or too many cards more rare than a Wilson Franks Jablonski...

Where have you gone Dave Vargha
CU turns its lonely eyes to you
What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
hey hey hey

Comments

• Brian,

Honestly that is a very good point. We learn so much about all sorts of different sets via the registry. I would never even have heard of Wilson Franks if it wasn't for the set registry. It's nice to pick up some knowledge about a huge variety of sets.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I too agree! Theres a lot of joking (which is OK) a lot of information (which is great) and some nonsense on these boards. But at least all of us nuts are in 1 barrel.
    Hey Brian & Wayne, we have us here a '65 reunion, maybe John & Mike will post and possibly Jill will come out of her coma and it will be like old timesimage ...jay
  • Ray Jablonski.

Got to love it.

I'm the proud owner of his 1955 Red Man w/ tab.

You know what else I like about reading these boards. People care just as much about getting the common card as they do the star card. Who would have thought that there might be others who care just as much about the 1954 topps Wilmer Mizell as they do the 1954 Topps Ted Williams- as long as they need it for thier set.

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Jablonski's Wilson isn't rare, reallyimage The price on it is falling. Yeah, thats it, its the Sammy White thats tough.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• A 65' reunion!!!!!!!! I'll bring the BEER!!!

I too agree, I've learned so much about so many cards and sets that a year ago I've never even heard of before. I enjoy many of the posts on these boards for the information I get and for the many laughs too! Personally for me the registry all together has really breathed some fresh air into my card collecting, something that I needed.

Mike
  • BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Hey guys- I had to back into the 65 party to keep Jay company image. The good news...is that I have the joy of buying all those high-pop commons all over again. image At least it wont cost me as much this time around.

John
  • As long as we're talking 65's - Congrats Jay on 88%!!! You're getting down to the fun part now. Keep me posted on what you need and I'll do whatever I can to help you track down the last few.

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Wayne - Ahh! So your still checking out the '65 registry #'s. I'll send you an Email w/ my detailed wants of the 70 cards or so that I need. There not all low pops as you might think, a few regular pops and stars make the list, so its definitley do-able for completion by years end!
    Did you ever find out the where-abouts of your set that Mastro plucked from and placed the rest w/ his lower grade stuff in the auction? I was curious if a new seller was out there and would eBay them individually like Zeder did when he broke up his set. He did pretty well overall...jay
  • I haven't seen a single card from my old set anywhere. I would love to know what came of the old set. I've been watching the 65 registry and I still check on the 1965 auctions almost daily. It looks as if The Duke is out to catch mastronet for the best 1965 set. It the pace he's going he should so it be year's end. He was about 8.08 6 months ago and is now 8.38. I also think Dan did very well with his auctions. He was patient and if a card didn't sell he just held it for a few months and tried again. That was pretty smart on his part. Plus he had a lot of the cards in his set graded himself so he probably didn't have a huge amount into the set. I see him bidding on some 65's every now and then and was wondering if he was just after a few cards or thinking about rebuilding the set.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football