Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Any chance PCGS Registry might include...

NGC coins in the future? The reciprocal arrangement exists. I would like to participate in a registry, but 60% of my coins are NGC, and I have no interest in paying to have them cross.

Comments

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Zero chance.

The best we can hope for is a "PCGS Set Registry" grade assigned to an NGC holdered coin that won't cross - something that would allow you to keep your coins that won't cross in their current holder but participate in the Set Registry with a grade issued to PCGS standards. But it won't save you any money, because you'd have to pay the crossover fee to get the coin graded.
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to participate in a registry, but 60% of my coins are NGC, and I have no interest in paying to have them cross.

In case you weren't aware of this, you are actually allowed to participate in the Collectors Society registry program. You already know that it exists...

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    EVP,

Yes, I know it exists, but it is very limited in the areas in which I collect. I would like to see a $20 Liberty category (not that I am likely to complete it, but I can still compete!), but the closest the Collector's Society Registry has is $20 Liberty 1900-1907. Interestingly, I have not a single coin in the date span.

I have 12 $20 Liberties in NGC holders but have no interest in spending the money to swap the holders.
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps you can pressure DWL and RM to hurry their butts on the set... or are they not planning on expanding the set ever?

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be more fun if NGC coins were allowed, but totally understand the reasoning behind not doing so.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Looks like NGC is starting to work more on the gold side. They just added gold dollars, so if you make a post across the street requesting the $20 Liberty's, it might get worked on faster.
    Keith ™