Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Big thank you to 707

I purchased 3 cards from 707 a couple of weeks ago. They arrived in the mail the day I was leaving for vacation. I opened the package to see if the slabs were not broken. All slabs were fine, so I left on vacation (Friday). The next day, I was reviewing the cards in my mind and realized one of the cards was a lower grade than I had purchased. I left a message at 707. On Monday morning, I received a call with a complete explanation. Total customer service, and very professional. 707 delayed shipping the card I was owed so that it would arrive when I returned from vacation. I opened the package, and there is my 3rd card along with enough cash to cover return shipping.

Hopefully I explained this well.

If not, I can summarize in one line -- 707 won a customer for life with amazing customer service, turning a potentially stressful situation into a wonderful experience.

Just wanted to share something positive with the board, and wanted to thank 707!

Brian
Where have you gone Dave Vargha
CU turns its lonely eyes to you
What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
hey hey hey

Comments

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Levi is the man!

Very expensive but great selection, great service and very responsive.
  • Options
    Too bad more dealers don't have his standards!!!
  • Options
    Bought a 1951 MANTLE rookie card from them at a show in Richmond and Levi was as pleasant as any person I have had the pleasure to deal with in the card business. Honest person who shares his knowledge freely.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    He and his people have been great to both buy cards from and sell cards to. He carries a phenomenal inventory as well. His prices are on the high side, but then again, we've beat that issue to death several times already, haven't we?
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

I look at Levi & co. two separate ways. The online dealer, and the show dealer. The online dealer is exceptional. Lightning fast replies and even faster shipment. Always a pleasure. The show dealer, well, not that great. I go to the Ft. Washington shows, and I can stand at his table for 10 minutes and nothing. Finally, one of the kids asks me if I need anything. I definitely don't scream MONEY when I walk up to a table, but a simple acknowledgment would be nice. I guess in e-mail we all look the same.

As far as prices, I don't have too much of a problem with them. He is a dealer who has to pay the bills, and without dealers like him, who are a conduit between us and the "little old ladies from Pasadena" selling their late husbands cards, we may not ever be able to find those elusive cards for our sets. Sorry for the run-on sentence.image
    Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the rest of you. Levi's service is excellent, he responds quickly night or day, ships fast and no deal is ever done until you're happy. His prices may be a bit on the high side, but when other dealers don't have a card he has it in 6 different grades. And while I've never sold him anything I've heard he pays well and doesn't quibble over prices. A definite pleasure to work with.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

Buying or selling, Levi is top-notch.

<< Too bad more dealers don't have his standards!!! >>

Agreed. If more dealers had his standards, perhaps so many wouldn't be left with a "bad taste" in their mouth when those problem dealers are mentioned or thought about.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I have bought a few card from Levi, and paid over SMR, eBay, other dealers, etc. Levi will buy the card back if you want to put it toward another card - that is a great service. He is one dealer who does indeed have everything, including knowledege and customer service. To look at his cards at the Fort is worth the admission price.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Have purchased many cards from Levi. All transactions have been great and I have bought some hard to find items. 707 is top notch on service and I highly recommend them.image

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    I considerable percentage of my collection is from Levi. He is a great dealer.
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    I have purchased from 707 as well with no complaints.

But would you not EXPECT them to right that wrong?
    They sent the wrong card. Why an award for sending the properly purchased item?

This guy is a big time dealer,presence. If he would handled that any other way then
    his business would suffer by word of mouth.

Delaying shipment was nice, but nothing many sellers would not do especially after dropping the ball.

I guess I am just concerned that expectations are so low. Demand great service and you will get it.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    The point of my thread was to thank 707 for the treatment I received. Given the circumstances, they handled my situation above board with immediate attention. I appreciated their service and wanted to share my experience.

I did not intend for this thread to address any broader issues. I have had several other great experiences, and typically share those with the board (Jay at qualitycards.com, and Zardoz for dealers -- Wayne, Basilone among others for collectors).

I think it is important to say thanks and offer public recognition for a job well done.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

I can say I purchased my first PSA vintage card off of TheBobs...a 1965 Joe Azcue PSA 8. Thanks Brian for starting my addiction ( i think ) image

John
  • Options
    I had this experience with 707. Last year I purchased a couple 1976 PSA 8 nothing cards basically for the cost of slabbing. I sent payment and 707 left positive feedback. 707 promptly mailed the cards. They were solid 8s, as the scans showed, and I left positive feedback.

I then received a rather nasty and accusatory e-mail from 707 asking me if I had received the cards why would I leave negative feedback. He also informed me that I was no longer eligible to purchase cards from him and that he had added a nasty message to the feedback that he had left me. I checked and indeed he had. I thought maybe I had made a mistake in leaving feedback, so I waded through 707's feedback. It turned out that it was the person below me on 707's feedback list who had actually left negative feedback (something really piddling like not returning $.50 in change on the transaction or something).

In any event, I pointed the mistake out to 707. 707 apologized, but weakly, and in such a way that it implied that it was my fault anyway. Graciously, he reinstated my eligibility to buy from him again in the future. I suppose I would, but I haven't.

I guess everyone has a day like that now and again.

Thanks

Randy
    Always buying George Brett Gem Mint Cards!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I applaud 707 for collecting and having in inventory many of the rare, oddball and otherwise very cool cards that you can't find anywhere else.

A full line of 1954 Wilson Franks, Topps Canadian, Venezuelan and O-Pee-Chee cards, the Schmidt Puerto Rican sticker, etc. 707 also has some very cool pre-1980 Fleer sets listed on the Registry. Good stuff, thank you!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    707 does business like it should be done, very professional. I am friends with Levi & Jim and have been at their compound numerous times. And have seen 1st hand their attention to customer service, when the phone rings (quite frequently I migh add) they address the customer and search for his request immediatley be it a raw card or a PSA version, and then let the customer know the price points, and I'm not just talking about '52 Topps Mantles or just high end material, the same service is used for a '68 Horace Clarke or a '73 Lindy McDaniel. Their inventory is set up in sequence and is also computerized. Anyone who inquires about my material, I try to duplicate their professionalism,
    I just wish I had their inventoryimage...jay

707's website - Awesome Inventory!
  • Options
    A while ago I felt Levi's registered sets were a marketing ploy to advertise his business. I remember complaining to myself that he was taking up spots on the PSA registry. Boy - was I wrong!!! I visited Levi's site and was a overwhelmed with the extensive inventory of low and high grade cards. I was pleased to find a wide range of beauties starting with a '36 WWG DiMaggio RC PSA 1! The site offered something for every collector from cheap low grade cards to EXPENSIVE RARITIES. I have since made several purchases and have always been pleased with the service.

Recently, I had the pleasure to speak with Levi and enjoyed a twenty minute phone conversation with the man. Talk about customer service! We talked about THE #1 1935 Goudey Set, the 1960 Leaf "Big Head" cards, our HOF sets, and several other topics. I learned that Levi was a collector himself. He loves cards and his collections.

Levi's love for the hobby shines through in his ability to satisfy the customer. Thank you Levi and I look forward to meeting you in person at the National!

Mark Tylicki
  • Options
    This thread looks like it could be 707 Sportscards' ebay feedback page if there was no character limit. They should put a link in their auctions to this thread. image

I haven't had the experience of dealing with them yet, but I think I'm about to. On the recommendation of everyone here, I will soon be purchasing cards from them. This is another great way that this forum helps. I first found Jay's site ( Quality Cards - Jay - you can send payment for the plug by paypal to my email address image ) from a post here and I'm sure I've been introduced to several others that I can't remember right now.

Keep the plugs coming for any dealer/collector that you've had a positive experience with. It can only strengthen the hobby.

JEB.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    cheeeeeezz.....what a popular guy.
    He should change his name to Jablonski.
  • Options
    I wonder what mine will grade when I send it in? Hey dave,how come you bounce??image
  • Options
    Just my two cents. Another vote for Levi. Even for a small time collector like myself, he has always done me well and helps me all he can.
    Bill Roberts
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    OK, everbody is calling asking how I get the cheese to bounce.
    It's real easy, just start paying 125-150% of SMR for your cards and Shazam...you start bouncing.
    It's a process I call Levi-tation.
  • Options
    Update:

I've had my first experience with 707 Sportscards:

I sent an email to Levi on Tuesday night 1/28/03 requesting several cards he had listed on the site, received a reply around noon on Wed 1/29/03, and received 9 beautiful cards on Fri 1/31/03. Two days and 1000+ miles (PA to South FL) from my request to having the cards in my hands!!! It just can't get any better than that. image I think I'll buy something from him on ebay just so I can leave the feedback!

Thanks for all of the recommendations, everyone.

JEB.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    JEB,

I recommend this item as your ebay purchase.

Card for JEB to Buy so He Can Leave Ebay Feedback

aconte

edited for spelling...
  • Options
    Aconte,

Thanks for the info, but I'm not currently in the market for '52 Red Man cards. That's a great set - maybe someday I'll attempt it, but not right now - too many other sets currently in progress.

I'll have to wait for the chance to leave feedback - nothing on ebay I'm interested in currently.

JEB.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    The guys at 707 seem really nice when I talk to them. They do have a monsterous inventory also. Their booth impressed me the most at the Chicago National with 14 1952 Topps Mantle's! Props to their inventory.